Razputin

Unremarkable User
Hello, I just registered but have been using Skial servers for ages

Lately I've noticed a lot of Skial servers are going fastspawn, and while I'm of course only one user I still wanted to voice that I really disapprove of this; if a server I've used for a long time goes fastspawn, I always end up removing it from my favourites list.

Fastspawn does not work on many maps, respawn times are there for a reason. TF2 maps are designed with ~20 players in mind of which, on any given moment, a handful will be in respawn. Respawn time is not always equally long for each player, so people respawn in waves instead of individually. With instant respawn, enemy "waves" of players never end on either side and everything turns into a massive spammy mess with no end and this just isn't fun at all, not even to fool around in.

Hopefully some people here agree with me so some servers get changed back - especially the turbine and harvest server which I've had in favourites for years as they are two of my favourite maps. Of course I'm only one skial regular out of thousands but maybe some people agree with me

Razputin

Unremarkable User
Ah sorry, I didn't see the suggestions subforum

But yeah, that's a shame fastspawn got the majority vote.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Ah sorry, I didn't see the suggestions subforum

But yeah, that's a shame fastspawn got the majority vote.

To be fair Harvest is a lot more fun and intense when you have to constantly be playing the objective and helping your team to secure the control point. The 10-20 second wait time is not the best since you're just helpless to whatever is going on.

And CTF maps are already turtle-central, making them wait a little while longer just to be killed by the same two engies doesn't really add to the game.

Bottiger

Administrator
Complaining to us won't change anything. We can only adapt when Valve makes decisions like forcing quickplay to default to official servers. Other communities that refused to adapt have nearly all died out by now.

If you want to get this changed you should make your displeasure known to the TF2 team.

When competitive matchmaking comes out, we will probably have to change even more if not all.