MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
So on Trade US, there's been a new thing going on where an admin builds a teleporter to that area that's fenced off to all users, and lets a certain team into that area and letting people building in that area. This area is not accessible without Admin powers to normal users, and you cannot !rtd noclip to get there since noclip is disabled on the Trade Servers. What I am suggesting is you open the area for both teams to explore and build or you remove that area entirely.

Whenever this occurs, people start asking if they can come into the area. When this happens, the team that is over there is restrictive on who comes in, and it leaves other players who want to get in, stuck in the default area. Sometimes people who are not allowed in start spawning bosses in that area in an attempt to destroy it and let no one else and kill everyone over there. When this happens it ruins the server and people start getting into arguments and they fight one another, ruining the fun for the server and making people leave. This also distracts from the main purpose of the map, which is for trading with other users, as people asking to get in clog up chat from people who are on trade just to buy/sell items in their backpack.

I believe I can fix this issue, as I have a few ideas that are interesting to open it up for both teams, and let everyone in there.

1. Have the control point that's on the map spawn a teleporter to the fenced area whenever a team caps the control point, have the tele spawn on whoever's teams side of the map that capped it (Its on Blu side if Blu caps, vice versa) and it disappears after several seconds until the opposite team caps and spawns it again. This would be like on Bottiger's idle server, where if a team caps the control point, it spawns a teleporter to the glass skybox in the sky on whichever teams side that capped and it disappears after a set time, and the other team must cap it to get to the glass skybox. I think this suggestion would be the best because for users that come to Trade and cap the point and kill other people, it would add an objective to the map and add some variety for everyone. Now I don't know if you make it so that you cant kill one another in there like it is in the disco-room where you cannot kill other players, or have free reign to kill one another in that area, that would be up to you.

2. Have a staircase in the sniping balcony directly lead to the fenced area. This idea isn't the most interesting and pretty boring, but if it were to just open up that area like that, it would give players more room to battle in. Now like I mentioned in suggestion 1, I don't know if you make it like safezone or not, I'm fine with either way.

3. Have both a tele spawn, and have a sliding wall or door on sniper area that slides open whenever a team caps, but only the team that caps side has the sliding door open. This idea is just suggestion 1 and 2 combined into 1, and its more creative than suggestion 2.

These 3 suggestions are some of my and others ideas on how to open up the area. But as I mentioned previously, where people start trying to sabotage everything/kill everyone there. If one of these suggestions isnt implemented, then I have 1 more suggestion to solve the issue.

4. Remove that area entirely, or make it so that no one, not even admins can build in that area. This is a last resort idea, and if this happens then I don't think there wont be anymore arguing/fighting over who does and doesn't get into the area.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
adding the noclip is probably enough compromise though still people will hog it all to themselves, and setup a horde of sentries

I will however try to always keep it open since everyone should be able to enjoy the area mostly because I don't think the barrier should be there in the first place.

Reactions: MarshHag