MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
So on Trade US, there's been a new thing going on where an admin builds a teleporter to that area that's fenced off to all users, and lets a certain team into that area and letting people building in that area. This area is not accessible without Admin powers to normal users, and you cannot !rtd noclip to get there since noclip is disabled on the Trade Servers. What I am suggesting is you open the area for both teams to explore and build or you remove that area entirely.

Whenever this occurs, people start asking if they can come into the area. When this happens, the team that is over there is restrictive on who comes in, and it leaves other players who want to get in, stuck in the default area. Sometimes people who are not allowed in start spawning bosses in that area in an attempt to destroy it and let no one else and kill everyone over there. When this happens it ruins the server and people start getting into arguments and they fight one another, ruining the fun for the server and making people leave. This also distracts from the main purpose of the map, which is for trading with other users, as people asking to get in clog up chat from people who are on trade just to buy/sell items in their backpack.

I believe I can fix this issue, as I have a few ideas that are interesting to open it up for both teams, and let everyone in there.

1. Have the control point that's on the map spawn a teleporter to the fenced area whenever a team caps the control point, have the tele spawn on whoever's teams side of the map that capped it (Its on Blu side if Blu caps, vice versa) and it disappears after several seconds until the opposite team caps and spawns it again. This would be like on Bottiger's idle server, where if a team caps the control point, it spawns a teleporter to the glass skybox in the sky on whichever teams side that capped and it disappears after a set time, and the other team must cap it to get to the glass skybox. I think this suggestion would be the best because for users that come to Trade and cap the point and kill other people, it would add an objective to the map and add some variety for everyone. Now I don't know if you make it so that you cant kill one another in there like it is in the disco-room where you cannot kill other players, or have free reign to kill one another in that area, that would be up to you.

2. Have a staircase in the sniping balcony directly lead to the fenced area. This idea isn't the most interesting and pretty boring, but if it were to just open up that area like that, it would give players more room to battle in. Now like I mentioned in suggestion 1, I don't know if you make it like safezone or not, I'm fine with either way.

3. Have both a tele spawn, and have a sliding wall or door on sniper area that slides open whenever a team caps, but only the team that caps side has the sliding door open. This idea is just suggestion 1 and 2 combined into 1, and its more creative than suggestion 2.

These 3 suggestions are some of my and others ideas on how to open up the area. But as I mentioned previously, where people start trying to sabotage everything/kill everyone there. If one of these suggestions isnt implemented, then I have 1 more suggestion to solve the issue.

4. Remove that area entirely, or make it so that no one, not even admins can build in that area. This is a last resort idea, and if this happens then I don't think there wont be anymore arguing/fighting over who does and doesn't get into the area.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this

dr_baps

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
So on Trade US, there's been a new thing going on where an admin builds a teleporter to that area that's fenced off to all users, and lets a certain team into that area and letting people building in that area. This area is not accessible without Admin powers to normal users, and you cannot !rtd noclip to get there since noclip is disabled on the Trade Servers. What I am suggesting is you open the area for both teams to explore and build or you remove that area entirely.

Whenever this occurs, people start asking if they can come into the area. When this happens, the team that is over there is restrictive on who comes in, and it leaves other players who want to get in, stuck in the default area. Sometimes people who are not allowed in start spawning bosses in that area in an attempt to destroy it and let no one else and kill everyone over there. When this happens it ruins the server and people start getting into arguments and they fight one another, ruining the fun for the server and making people leave. This also distracts from the main purpose of the map, which is for trading with other users, as people asking to get in clog up chat from people who are on trade just to buy/sell items in their backpack.

I believe I can fix this issue, as I have a few ideas that are interesting to open it up for both teams, and let everyone in there.

1. Have the control point that's on the map spawn a teleporter to the fenced area whenever a team caps the control point, have the tele spawn on whoever's teams side of the map that capped it (Its on Blu side if Blu caps, vice versa) and it disappears after several seconds until the opposite team caps and spawns it again. This would be like on Bottiger's idle server, where if a team caps the control point, it spawns a teleporter to the glass skybox in the sky on whichever teams side that capped and it disappears after a set time, and the other team must cap it to get to the glass skybox. I think this suggestion would be the best because for users that come to Trade and cap the point and kill other people, it would add an objective to the map and add some variety for everyone. Now I don't know if you make it so that you cant kill one another in there like it is in the disco-room where you cannot kill other players, or have free reign to kill one another in that area, that would be up to you.

2. Have a staircase in the sniping balcony directly lead to the fenced area. This idea isn't the most interesting and pretty boring, but if it were to just open up that area like that, it would give players more room to battle in. Now like I mentioned in suggestion 1, I don't know if you make it like safezone or not, I'm fine with either way.

3. Have both a tele spawn, and have a sliding wall or door on sniper area that slides open whenever a team caps, but only the team that caps side has the sliding door open. This idea is just suggestion 1 and 2 combined into 1, and its more creative than suggestion 2.

These 3 suggestions are some of my and others ideas on how to open up the area. But as I mentioned previously, where people start trying to sabotage everything/kill everyone there. If one of these suggestions isnt implemented, then I have 1 more suggestion to solve the issue.

4. Remove that area entirely, or make it so that no one, not even admins can build in that area. This is a last resort idea, and if this happens then I don't think there wont be anymore arguing/fighting over who does and doesn't get into the area.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this
engie land will become real. i support

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I feel having a tele spawn from capping the point would be most beneficial as it encourages people to play a bit more (such as the F2P's that deathmatch on there as bottiger said before.) Have the teleporters spawn right behind the walls outside of each spawn entrance based on the team that caps it. If needed, make it so buildings other than dispensers cannot be built in the outside area. +1

As of now, having it be so exclusive has led to increased toxicity and vote abuse and even a couple cases of micspam and seems to generally hurt the server as players cannot directly access it without the help of an admin making a teleporter specifically for 1 team. Some players even up and leave when they see the outside area dubbed "Engiland" become active due to admin interference and others leaving because they get killed in the "Engiland" and can't get back in.

dr_baps

Contributor
I feel having a tele spawn from capping the point would be most beneficial as it encourages people to play a bit more (such as the F2P's that deathmatch on there as bottiger said before.) Have the teleporters spawn right behind the walls outside of each spawn entrance based on the team that caps it. If needed, make it so buildings other than dispensers cannot be built in the outside area. +1

As of now, having it be so exclusive has led to increased toxicity and vote abuse and even a couple cases of micspam and seems to generally hurt the server as players cannot directly access it without the help of an admin making a teleporter specifically for 1 team. Some players even up and leave when they see the outside area dubbed "Engiland" become active due to admin interference and others leaving because they get killed in the "Engiland" and can't get back in.
you are absoulelty correct

Reactions: RenZ and MarshHag

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I suggested this a while back, it was denied because supposedly would lead to new players getting lost in the map, as much as you can get lost in a pretty flat box. It's not even as much of a dramatic change in the map compared to moving back to one of the super large portal maps which you could get lost in.

With the recent resurgence of interest in the space area due to admins teleporting in a few people, I think it should be opened, and there's a few ways to do so,
1. Just open the wall, increases area for jetpack users to move around since as the map is now it's pretty cramped IMO. Area is relatively balanced against the donors too, as we can't splash damage on the walls out there.
2. Gate in the middle/ sides basically just like the spawn gates and they lead into the space area.

As it stands only like 2 people are ever in the space, and like to hog it to themselves like a small club, and from my time on being in the server have seen a lot of comments of people begging to be out there, if you're not a friend of the people in the space area, you don't get to experience it.

TL;DR +1

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshHag

dr_baps

Contributor
I suggested this a while back, it was denied because supposedly would lead to new players getting lost in the map, as much as you can get lost in a pretty flat box. It's not even as much of a dramatic change in the map compared to moving back to one of the super large portal maps which you could get lost in.

With the recent resurgence of interest in the space area due to admins teleporting in a few people, I think it should be opened, and there's a few ways to do so,
1. Just open the wall, increases area for jetpack users to move around since as the map is now it's pretty cramped IMO. Area is relatively balanced against the donors too, as we can't splash damage on the walls out there.
2. Gate in the middle/ sides basically just like the spawn gates and they lead into the space area.

As it stands only like 2 people are ever in the space, and like to hog it to themselves like a small club, and from my time on being in the server have seen a lot of comments of people begging to be out there, if you're not a friend of the people in the space area, you don't get to experience it.

TL;DR +1
however anytime we let people who arent trusted in they ALWAYS destroyed it

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
The debris field can be one-way accessed when you roll no clip or have an admin no clip you in. IIRC I never set build restrictions out there since players have no normal means to get there so an engineer could build a teleporter there until someone destroys it or engineer switches classes or leaves.

That area is intended as off limits by normal play because the player can see things they’re not intended to see. (Skybox/real world desync primarily (you can see the desync in the play area if you look hard enough in the right places but it’s not something you’ll notice without looking for it)) and some of the objects scattered around in the debris field will really fuck with nav mesh. Only solutions either not mesh the debris field (it isn’t in the current version) or remove the problematic objects

I wouldn’t mind opening it up as a play area but it’s not entirely up to me. I’d probably mess around with gravity in that area if I did open it up but IIRC it requires certain commands being set to 1 on the server side to work. I know some servers run with these commands set to 1 but I don’t think trade does.

The only difference here now is that I’ve no time to work on the map anymore

Envie

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Well I liked it how it was because we did no harm and just used it as a hangout spot. Little kids were the ones getting upset and it was only tied to about 4-5 of us in the beginning. And then others who have nothing to do with what we were doing started ruining it. If it changes skial will not be as fun to me anymore. That's all I have to say

Reactions: RenZ and cedarmoon

That one C4

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So there some drama with engi land, People want to go in there but only one team can go in and you cant be and engi unless your trusted to put an exit teleporter in there. so heres how we can fix this

1. remove guns/damage so teams dont kill eachother
2. remove the barrier so admins don't have to get on and let people in
3. split engi land in half, and make 2 telaporter in red and blu spawn
4. remove it

That one C4

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Well I liked it how it was because we did no harm and just used it as a hangout spot. Little kids were the ones getting upset and it was only tied to about 4-5 of us in the beginning. And then others who have nothing to do with what we were doing started ruining it. If it changes skial will not be as fun to me anymore. That's all I have to say
agreed

Reactions: Envie

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So there some drama with engi land, People want to go in there but only one team can go in and you cant be and engi unless your trusted to put an exit teleporter in there. so heres how we can fix this

1. remove guns/damage so teams dont kill eachother
2. remove the barrier so admins don't have to get on and let people in
3. split engi land in half, and make 2 telaporter in red and blu spawn
4. remove it

1. This already exists in the server already, the dance room in the middle.
2. We suggested this before and bottiger said no because it would drive people away.
3. Same as 2.
4. This is currently being suggested in another thread you were looking at just a bit before you made this thread.

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
2. We suggested this before and bottiger said no because it would drive people away.
Would it though? I'm starting to doubt that just opening up a rather okay sized space would drive people away, if anything removing the area, especially now, would drive the people who practically live in there away, same with others who might also want to partake in it.

Heck it'd make the map a bit more interesting since the terrain out there isn't flat, a little bit more area to fly, and you're out of the sightline of the sniper boxes (assuming the wall stays but the area is accessible.

Last edited:

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Would it though? I'm starting to doubt that just opening up a rather okay sized space would drive people away, if anything removing the area, especially now, would drive the people who practically live in there away, same with others who might also want to partake in it.

Heck it'd make the map a bit more interesting since the terrain out there isn't flat, a little bit more area to fly, and you're out of the sightline of the sniper boxes (assuming the wall stays but the area is accessible.
Was a bit off with the reasoning, but this is it -

"We do not want to turn the map into a large playground for f2ps to explore. It is meant for trading. The server originally died because we just accepted any random map and the map became bigger and bigger until you could not see anyone else to trade with. This is going to piss off f2p players who aren't there to trade, but it seems to be worth the trade off."
https://www.skial.com/threads/trade-us-extend-the-map-into-the-space-area.102320/post-846937

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
I dont see how a bigger map would interfere with trade when
1) theres a safe room people can use connected right to spawn, for both teams without killing (granted people can still taunt stun, but that's barely an issue if you can still see H A T)
2) the rest of the map is optional and more for playing around on
3) most traders have knowledge of kill binds or the concept of switching class to return to spawn, if not being capable of describing where they are
4) there are no other maps. It's just space.

That said, with Jerma bow stating he has little time to work on the map anymore, I feel like it's pointless asking for an expansion, despite it being in my personal interests as well. Its, to the best of my knowledge, Jerma's work and if he cant do anything even WITH Bottingers blessing, then its fruitless to even bother asking.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Not even going to begin with how few people actually treat it like a trade server with the spawncamping and the micspam and the fact !items AND Jetpack exists. Let alone the boundless "is anyone trading?" > "No" speeches.

I personally believe there should be a little more freedom to the fucking around, but we all know why I'm saying that (I personally think itd help lower reports, but thatd be just for funny mic spam)

That said, a lot of people seem to be breaking into the sky box or outside the map as engineer and just idling or not bothering with either the trading OR killing. Baps is a major culprit of this. If it's a trade only server this should either be looked into or there should be more access for people that just want to chill out, as all they've officially got is the safe room.

MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Seeing now that noclip has been added to the trade server, I think that is a better option than updating the map. If both teams can get noclip, I see this as a win

dr_baps

Contributor
thank kolisniclav for the update told him about a glitch with the rtd with frozen and he fixed it