Happy Flygineer

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I noticed that many people on the servers (EU and US) who don't know about the hat bug (http://www.skial.com/threads/incorrect-hat-being-displayed-is-a-valve-bug.45429/) and instantly blame the Skial servers and/or Bottiger. I also noticed this post on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/20khxb/weird_hat_glitch/) and they believe it only happens here and that it's Bottiger's fault.

Can we have a notice (maybe under the same plugin that displays the rules and stuff?) that tells people that it's not our fault? Not everyone reads these forums that goes on Skial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meowcenary

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
wow; am I the only person in the world who doesn't use reddit?

I do agree it should be stated somewhere in the server that it isn't skial's fault, I've seen a few reports that have been bugging the mods about it.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
someone on reddit linked the real cause, stated that Pink Taco's (Mann Co Trading now) Unusual trading server is also affected, not just Skial, and came to the conclusion that the issue happens on 24/7 servers with one map since the DynamicModels table clears itself on mapchange

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
A good solution would also be to filter "hats"
If someone types a report with "hat" or "hats" it says "Incorrect hats is a valve bug. Skial can not fix this issue, and is not the only one affected. Would you like to submit the vote anyway?"

Zefyre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I can say from experience it took a bit to figure out the hat bug wasn't skial's fault and for people coming thru skial, they'll probably notice the bug and not come back again simply because they assume skial is just another community that cant even get their hats right without bothering to check skial.com

Happy Flygineer

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
That's the point I'm trying to raise here. People may assume Skial messes with their hats and that's not true.

Happy Flygineer

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I think it should be removed now. Also when I mentioned that they fixed the hat bug, some people instantly blamed Skial (again). Said that it's only Skial that it happened on... -_-

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I read the patch notes. Valve at least acknowledged that it only affected servers "running a long time". too bad they didn't say "running the same map for a long time" which was the real case

Last edited: