Not sure where to post this : Guidance on trading?

Discussion in 'Trade Chat' started by Angad, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Angad

Angad Gore-Spattered Heavy Contributor

Steam:

So I have a backpack with about 28 raw ref in it, the whole backpack is worth $150 / 977 ref according to bp.tf (http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198037217248) and I really want to get a decent unusual using just my ref. Any tips on this? I've played 600 hours but never really tried to make money...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Low tier unusuals are like maybe 18-20 keys, and nowadays 28 ref is worth around 1.8 keys.
    You could try one of those "scrap2unusual" schemes and work your way up through a ton of trading, or sell off some cosmetics and stranges until you get enough for the unusual you're after.

Also I think it's supposed to be a Trade Chat section sort of thing so maybe I can bug Rue or someone else to push it there.

3. Angad

Angad Gore-Spattered Heavy Contributor

Steam:

yeah, really should have put my ref in keys when they were like8... any techniques in particular?? The scrap2unusual series i have seen rely a lot on donations etc

4. HowIMetYourMother

HowIMetYourMother Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Scrap 2 unusual is bullshit.
    I worked my way up by selling keys on paypall and buying them again. After a while i bought a bud and some bills, sold em and repeat the proces. You get the risk of getting scammed but if you only go for high +rep the chanses of getting fucked over are nihil.
    With the ref you got now you are nowhere near a shitty unusual so you will have to make your way up

5. Renegade

Renegade Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

Some unusuals can sell for as low as 11 keys. It just depends on the hat and effect. Also, scrap2unusual is a complete waste of time. How I got all my stuff is from doing raffles and things like Huntsman battles. I found what I was good at and used that to get a lot of stuff. Some people do that with heavy boxing, pyro tennis, that sort of stuff.