• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oC//HeartSh0ck

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hello
Im HeartSh0ck/BraveHeart
i got a Mark of a Skial Scammer (http://steamrep.com/?id=76561198052296110)
i read that this is because of "Fake Rep"
first of all i asked from a freind to Rep me because i wanted to buy a Buds...
and i didnt have reps so i asked from my freinds to rep me (it was like 2-3 reps)
Im not a scammer....!!!!!!!!! i didnt knew that it would be Wrong....
now i stuck
i got a ban from tf2tp and from tf2outpost because of it
i've already talk with Tf2 Outpost admin+one of this admins (Drum) and they told me to Write here.
So here i am.... i dont know what to do and i really like trades....i dont want to get ban for something
i didnt/wont do
Thanks for Helping

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
If you asked them to rep you and they didn't trade with you, that's fake rep. It's your fault if you asked them to, but it is not your problem if they did it on their own. So this is not an undeserved ban.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, you essentially dodged the sellers general request that they would prefer to trade with someone who had successful cash trades in the past. I understand that you had the best intentions, but if it was allowed without consequences a lot more scammers could sell themselves to their victims. Also, I don't like your friend list.

http://www.skial.com/threads/new-and-improved-scammer-list.11993/page-7#post-269736

Wait for one of the trade admins to take your case though.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The Alt accounts were verified by an SR admin. The original tag just said fakerep, so Xelnaga might be able to provide more details (although I think the alt accounts and the friends list is enough to keep you marked)

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This post...

http://www.skial.com/threads/new-and-improved-scammer-list.11993/page-6#post-263723

... has evidence that I've pieced together yesterday. The long and short of it is that OP appears to be an alt account for this account. They're currently using the same avatar, and have both used the name "BraveHeart" in the past. They also share this user as a friend, who has posted fake rep on OP's profile.

As of right now, a chunk of the rep posts from the mentioned accounts have all been deleted. Screenshots taken earlier are visible in the report thread (first link in this post). Also involved are several other confirmed scammers involved in this instance, and all the accounts involved in this particular report share a large number of scammer friends (several of them mutual). It would appear that either you have a lot of alts, or you're involved in a pretty blatant scammer ring with several other users.

I can think of no reason why the rep posts would have been deleted, other than to try to remove evidence. If they were deleted from the actual posters, why would they suddenly decide to delete their own rep posts out of the blue like that? If they were deleted by the accountholder, why would he want to remove rep posts from his own profile if they're legit?

Before I can remove the scammer tag, I'd need to get some sort of explanation for these circumstances. Because the conclusion I draw from this is that this is all happening intentionally.

Worth noting, Shikze added Faron8 the other day to dispute his tag. He provided screenshots showing that actual trades happened between him and OP, however I looked up backpack histories on the accounts on TF2Items, and there are reports for several days surrounding the supposed trade in the screenshots, but the reports don't show the items in the supposed trade, leading me to believe that either they were shadow traded to avoid detection by third-party sites (possibly stolen), or the evidence was falsified.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Fake rep is not evidence in itself of a scam, circumstantial evidence and association suggests this guy should be marked as caution (proceed with care)

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Fake rep is not evidence in itself of a scam, circumstantial evidence and association suggests this guy should be marked as caution (proceed with care)
He's intentionally trying to deceive others by giving rep to known scammers. Also, deleting all that rep is admission of guilt. If they were legit, he would have no reason to delete them. Just like after people keep trading with known scammers, they are eventually marked scammers as well by SR because they are feeding them.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It doesn't necessarily indicate that somebody was scammed, no. But illegitimate rep is what leads people to believe that scammers are reputable.

It implies intent to scam. There's no legitimate need for bogus rep, unless somebody is just screwing around with their friends, and even then it's questionable as far as SteamRep goes.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This post...

http://www.skial.com/threads/new-and-improved-scammer-list.11993/page-6#post-263723

... has evidence that I've pieced together yesterday. The long and short of it is that OP appears to be an alt account for this account. They're currently using the same avatar, and have both used the name "BraveHeart" in the past. They also share this user as a friend, who has posted fake rep on OP's profile.

As of right now, a chunk of the rep posts from the mentioned accounts have all been deleted. Screenshots taken earlier are visible in the report thread (first link in this post). Also involved are several other confirmed scammers involved in this instance, and all the accounts involved in this particular report share a large number of scammer friends (several of them mutual). It would appear that either you have a lot of alts, or you're involved in a pretty blatant scammer ring with several other users.

I can think of no reason why the rep posts would have been deleted, other than to try to remove evidence. If they were deleted from the actual posters, why would they suddenly decide to delete their own rep posts out of the blue like that? If they were deleted by the accountholder, why would he want to remove rep posts from his own profile if they're legit?

Before I can remove the scammer tag, I'd need to get some sort of explanation for these circumstances. Because the conclusion I draw from this is that this is all happening intentionally.

Worth noting, Shikze added Faron8 the other day to dispute his tag. He provided screenshots showing that actual trades happened between him and OP, however I looked up backpack histories on the accounts on TF2Items, and there are reports for several days surrounding the supposed trade in the screenshots, but the reports don't show the items in the supposed trade, leading me to believe that either they were shadow traded to avoid detection by third-party sites (possibly stolen), or the evidence was falsified.
im-the-goddamn-batman.jpg

Reactions: Xel'Naga

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It doesn't necessarily indicate that somebody was scammed, no. But illegitimate rep is what leads people to believe that scammers are reputable.

It implies intent to scam. There's no legitimate need for bogus rep, unless somebody is just screwing around with their friends, and even then it's questionable as far as SteamRep goes.
Isn't there is a form of punishment for giving fake rep by Steam Rep? I knew someone who had gotten a caution tag I believe due to giving fake rep. But I don't know if it's a general rule or up to the community admin.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Isn't there is a form of punishment for giving fake rep by Steam Rep? I knew someone who had gotten a caution tag I believe due to giving fake rep. But I don't know if it's a general rule or up to the community admin.
Depends where the report came from. Community admins don't have direct access to add tags anyways. It still has to go through an SR admin. I would assume if they saw issue with it then they would question it.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
He's intentionally trying to deceive others by giving rep to known scammers. Also, deleting all that rep is admission of guilt. If they were legit, he would have no reason to delete them. Just like after people keep trading with known scammers, they are eventually marked scammers as well by SR because they are feeding them.

I'm confused, I thought he was the one that recieved 'fake rep'
So the guy is leaving fake rep as well as getting it?

oC//HeartSh0ck

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
i understood all i think
i gave to a scammer rep (whitout know he actualy scammer) - than i got a fake rep or something
than i asked my freind for rep because i wanted to buy item and i bought it.
should i be banned right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.