Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's a Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda theme to it. You get to live the dream of playing as pretty much any zelda character you want from Midna to Darunia to Fi all of which have unique play-styles. The gameplay is more focused on beating the crap out of hordes of foes but there's nothing stopping you from exploring the levels and finding all sorts of secrets and bonuses. You also have 3 difficulties and around 15+ characters to play with and unlock additional level features upon beating the game. I spent a good 60+ hrs on it and had fun. If action fighters are your thing then you won't regret buying this.

Yeah, I enjoyed the other dynasty warriors, if they didnt get a bit bland after a while, this sounds good. Ill probably pick up one.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated.

Is hyrule warriors as good as it looks?
I like it, it's fun and makes you feel powerful taking down hordes of enemies.
You can also play as some weird characters (LIKE FUCKING AGATHA THE BUG COLLECTOR) so that's pretty cool.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ktar was so shit this year, it was probably the worst organized smash tournament in history.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
HOLY SHIT

THE WII U PRO CONTROLLER IS AMAZING FOR MARIO KART'

PLAYING MARIO KART WITH THIS THING IS LIKE WEARING GLASSES FOR THE FIRST TIME

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I took Waffles, Seth, and Shoe's advice and stopped countering with every character that knows counter. It's kind of hard to resist at first, but it actually feels like I accomplished something if I win. I also did better without it.

Dropping the counter addiction.

Reactions: Chance

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I took Waffles, Seth, and Shoe's advice and stopped countering with every character that knows counter. It's kind of hard to resist at first, but it actually feels like I accomplished something if I win. I also did better without it.

I knew you could do it, friendo!

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

You actually used counter? Wow , congrate on beating your addiction

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I made a review for the pro controller because I was bored.

Overview

I am a major Gamecube controller fanboy. I also have huge hands. However, I'll try my best to make this as unbiased as possible. I've had a Wii U since launch year, about 2 years now. Although, I only got a Pro controller (white) until last night. I was very eager to test this out with all of my games to see how it felt.

The controller works great, in theory. It's made out of good material, and it's very light. Nothing is wrong with the individual sticks, or buttons, or triggers, or the D-pad. The placement, however, is off. The right stick is above the ABXY buttons, making it very uncomfortable to use in smash. Your 2 pointer fingers rest best on the ZL and ZR triggers, instead of the L & R triggers. Meaning in smash, your fingers rest on the grab buttons, not the shield. This also causes problems in a lot of VC games, but can be fixed with button editing. I noticed if the stick is bumped in a direction, then turned on, that direction is set to the "default", and the only thing I've found to fix it is by reseting the console.

It's not too big of an issue, especially considering nintendo has done this since the N64, but it could be improved. Battery life is AMAZING. Takes around an hour to fully charge and lasts for 80 hours! Button placement could definitely be improved, but it's not horrible. Battery life is uncomparable. Solid controller for most situations.

Smash Bros.

I am a huge smash prude, it just goes along with being a Gamecube fanboy. So if you are a casual player, you could probably just skip this section. There are a plethora of problems with the controller, some mentioned before, and I will list them all here.

1. Right stick placement. Very awkward having it above ABXY, makes it hard to do smash attacks. If you wanted, you could probably get used to it.

2. The triggers are switched. Your hands rest on the grab buttons, not shield. This can be fixed with the controls menu.

3. Input lag. Again, this is merely a competitive issue. This should be no problem for casual play. However is it noticeable and gross.
Mario Kart 8

Using this controller for Mk8 was like wearing glasses for the first time. It felt comfortable and clear. All you need for this game are triggers, A button, and the left stick. It feels natural and can really immerse you in the game. Input lag isn't a very big issue here, considering all controller options in Mk8 are wireless.

Super Mario 3D World

This will probably be the shortest segment. I used to play SM3DW with a Classic Controller Pro. Unlike smash where it's bad, and MK8 where it's amazing, I honestly feel no different, besides how it's wireless and the stick placement. Just comes down to preference, I guess.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
84a520035e7bdbb99c6bc1d5f2884159.png

I saw this, but wasn't able to be there on time. Do we have another date set for a tourney or just team smashing?