Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just get the impression that all of this complaining about witch time is just a knee jerk response to people not fully understanding it and knowing how to properly deal with it. 1 week isn't nearly enough time and deciding now that Bayo or Corrin need nerfs sounds presumptuous.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I just get the impression that all of this complaining about witch time is just a knee jerk response to people not fully understanding it and knowing how to properly deal with it. 1 week isn't nearly enough time and deciding now that Bayo or Corrin need nerfs sounds presumptuous.
1 week to find a 0 - death combo is also pretty quick, maybe that was just random or the attack is that powerful that even the simplest combo's can become 0-death

Deer Force

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
the fact that its in the game at all is fucking STUPID
counters that are better than shield breaks should not exist, and counters that can kill at 0 should not exist
and on top of that there are examples of witch time being pretty consistent assuming the bayo player is decent, such as using it to edge guard against any character with a recovery that throws out a hitbox.
i'm scared that as people develop her meta, they'll find more and more tricks with witch time, and bayonetta will become a character whose play style completely revolves around a fucking counter

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We already fully understand that it's broken and needs nerfed. You don't need more than a week to find something that fucking dumb. It's not hard to land and you can kill at 0.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Imo they just need to decrease how long it lasts and people will be fine with it. Also put Corrins counter at an angle and it won't be broken.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think, in this case. You only need to take a glance at those moves and tell it needs nerfed

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Funny, I was just playing Town if Salem as a Veteran(this is a role where you kill anyone who goes near you like a counter) named Corn the Dragon and people were making jokes about how broken my counter was because I killed 2 evil people.
I wasn't even in smash and people still know Corrin's counter is bs lmao

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But you can deal with witch time like any other counter. Just wait for the animation to end or grab them, and you've got an easy punish.
but it's not even balanced. I shouldn't get fully charged fsmash for ftilting.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
but it's not even balanced. I shouldn't get fully charged fsmash for ftilting.
the fact that its in the game at all is fucking STUPID
counters that are better than shield breaks should not exist, and counters that can kill at 0 should not exist
and on top of that there are examples of witch time being pretty consistent assuming the bayo player is decent, such as using it to edge guard against any character with a recovery that throws out a hitbox.
i'm scared that as people develop her meta, they'll find more and more tricks with witch time, and bayonetta will become a character whose play style completely revolves around a fucking counter
These are some valid points. The more stuff I look at on this the more I can see where these arguments come from. It's like Diddy's hoo-ha bullshit all over again, and part me is considering that since Bayo is a character specifically made to be an awesome send off for dlc characters overall, it's not hard to see that the devs may have made her too awesome.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
These are some valid points. The more stuff I look at on this the more I can see where these arguments come from. It's like Diddy's hoo-ha bullshit all over again, and part me is considering that since Bayo is a character specifically made to be an awesome send off for dlc characters overall, it's not hard to see that the devs may have made her too awesome.
They are just really bad at designing counters
Lucina- It's ok, not great not that bad

Marth-Good if you can space the tip correctly

Ike-Average with Ike being strong normally

Lucario-Only viable if at hight percent which is when you don't want to counter

Greninja-No invincibility frames and can send you off stage very quickly pls nerf

Palutena-This exists? Why?

Roy-Not sure about this one

Shulk-People still say broken because of its range and effective time to actually counter with the fact that you can make it stronger with Smash art and press the stick forward

Corrin-Kills things from as low as 3%, can kill Bowser at 20%, worst part is the angle since it goes straight up DI isn't even a factor

Bayonetta-Combos into literally anything you want to, can kill at 0% if done correctly

Jesus why do so many characters have counters?

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Greninja-No invincibility frames and can send you off stage very quickly pls nerf

Shulk-People still say broken because of its range and effective time to actually counter with the fact that you can make it stronger with Smash art and press the stick forward

Corrin-Kills things from as low as 3%, can kill Bowser at 20%, worst part is the angle since it goes straight up DI isn't even a factor

Bayonetta-Combos into literally anything you want to, can kill at 0% if done correctly

Roy's is basically the same as Marth's just gotta get em from the base.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor

You also forgot Little Mac.

I feel like Witch Time should scale much lower. Like, it should be nothing below 10% (or something like that) and then it lasts half a second at 50%, and she'll only get these insanely long times until above 100%.

Or something. The percents would definitely need to be changed, but you get the basic idea.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
or maybe have the witch time last until you get hit by a stronger attack (you can hit with with weaker tilts or stuff like that, but a smash attack cancels the witch time.)