Xniol

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I was wondering if we could set up a thread for Phishers and people post their evidence as well as the Phishers information (steam_id etc) to handle them on a skial community level and keep them out of skial, as well as maybe a sub-thread for those to appeal their phishing bans with proof they had regained their account. I know this isn't an issue for skial to handle but it would be a good way for the community to help each other out. Please consider this.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
-1 because I would think most phisers are throw away accounts and there's not much that can be done except the usual watch what you click etc

Xniol

Contributor
-1 because I would think most phisers are throw away accounts and there's not much that can be done except the usual watch what you click etc

True but if we can stop those throw away account then we can stop them in the long run, I'm just thinking of trying to stop them before any more people fall for it.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
True but if we can stop those throw away account then we can stop them in the long run, I'm just thinking of trying to stop them before any more people fall for it.
What can skial or any other community do to keep bot accounts from messaging you? nothing

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
What makes you think making a section on Skials website will stop people from making throw away accounts?

Xniol

Contributor
good point :/ I figured if there was a thread for phishing then it would help reduce the amount of phishers.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe accounts that are throw-away accounts are permanently banned? There is a whole section on scams and if a report is sent in with evidence, they get a tag that says "scammer".

Xniol

Contributor
well never mind then, I was shown that my suggestion was pointless lol so sorry for wasting time.