Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
its mainly used for tracking but its really easily shut down with sentries/dust/a gem.
try looking up some riki games under the watch tab in dota to see what his gameplay is like.

yes please.

What do you mean by tracking? O and I mean does it actually work against enemies? Or is it easy to see him

B q.u,1! 

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What do you mean by tracking? O and I mean does it actually work against enemies? Or is it easy to see him

B q.u,1! 

Tracking generally means he follows around one hero and kills them when they're alone, if that makes more sense?

He is 100% invisible when not attacking/using skills (items too maybe? as long as the enemy does not have true sight. True sight reveals all invisible heros, units, wards, etc. The other team can gain true sight in areas by buying items (sentry wards, dust of appearance, gem of true sight).

Sentry wards are placed on the ground and have a small area of true sight around them. The reveal Observer wards and invisible units.

Dust of appearance is used similar to a Healing Salve or a Clarity. One hero activates it from their inventory and it reveals all invisible units in an area around the hero who activated it.

A Gem of True Sight is held by one hero on the team, usually someone with an escape. It reveals all invisible units and wards in an area around the hero. It is dropped on the ground when the hero holding it is killed.

Enemy towers will also detect you when you are invisible near them and some heroes have skills that detect invisible heroes (Bounty Hunters Track, Slardars Amplify Damage) and AOE skills still work against you if you are invisible.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Rhi: "OH, RHYMES! I thought you were saying "rimz". I re-read that about 20 times."

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Tracking generally means he follows around one hero and kills them when they're alone, if that makes more sense?

He is 100% invisible when not attacking/using skills (items too maybe? as long as the enemy does not have true sight. True sight reveals all invisible heros, units, wards, etc. The other team can gain true sight in areas by buying items (sentry wards, dust of appearance, gem of true sight).

Sentry wards are placed on the ground and have a small area of true sight around them. The reveal Observer wards and invisible units.

Dust of appearance is used similar to a Healing Salve or a Clarity. One hero activates it from their inventory and it reveals all invisible units in an area around the hero who activated it.

A Gem of True Sight is held by one hero on the team, usually someone with an escape. It reveals all invisible units and wards in an area around the hero. It is dropped on the ground when the hero holding it is killed.

Enemy towers will also detect you when you are invisible near them and some heroes have skills that detect invisible heroes (Bounty Hunters Track, Slardars Amplify Damage) and AOE skills still work against you if you are invisible.

Guess ive already done something before I even knew there was a term. Anyways, is dust of appearance a common item that people buy? And about the visibility, are you only 100% invisible when it's fully upgraded? Or does having 1 upgrade on it work too

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Guess ive already done something before I even knew there was a term. Anyways, is dust of appearance a common item that people buy? And about the visibility, are you only 100% invisible when it's fully upgraded? Or does having 1 upgrade on it work too
100% invis with one level :) and dust is common but eventually you can learn to sort of get them to falsely pop it when they THINK there's going to be a teamfight and then they will have wasted it.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
100% invis with one level :) and dust is common but eventually you can learn to sort of get them to falsely pop it when they THINK there's going to be a teamfight and then they will have wasted it.

Oh thank god it's a 1 time item, thought it was an item that revealed people just when you walk near them

Fallen Leaves

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Never actually done anything with Dota 2 but sit in spectate and watch
My attention spane's too short to sit down and learn how to play a game

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Never actually done anything with Dota 2 but sit in spectate and watch
My attention spane's too short to sit down and learn how to play a game

But you know how to play TF2, I'm sure that took some learning. DotA has a bit of a learning curve but there's still a few people, myself including, that are still new to the game.

Pat

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just got dota and i got destroyed in the first 2 games I have played, dont have any kills yet...