Castill

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Well, the issue here in that on very open maps such as military area , hales have a hard time catching the plethora of mantread soldiers. The distance they can cover in one jump is insane and for those who have played on military area know that one rocket is enough to rocket-jump across the map. Hale's jump on the other hand is simply not enough to reach them in height and distance . Skilled hales can waste up to 3 minutes trying to catch a single rocket-jumping soldier. Add that then the other 4-6 soldiers and the damage output is insane.Plus the health packs that are available will refuel the soldiers as soon as they land. If they jump enough their hp will be below the jumping thresh hold but then they can jump away even farther than hale can jump and reach a health pack The mantread soldiers can easily take the hales down within a short amount of time until the match is over. Unskilled hales or new hales will have a very unfun and tedious experience having to track down all the mantread soldiers if they can even jump efficiently. Thus potentially scaring away new players from the server. Now so far I can only see 2 options either limiting the soldier class to 5 or nerfing the mantreads. However there must be more options out there and I am open to discussing thanks for taking the time to read this, have a pleasant day. Oh some maps that have this problem
Military area
Urban Works
Weapons Depot

Last edited:

MagnumSphere

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I think it is in need of a slight nerf and a limitation on the soldier class. such as lower the hight and distant travel with the mantreads and also bring down the number of soldier to 4 not 5. anything more than 4 to me feels a bit over kill.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What Meowgi said, and Soldier doesn't need nerfed or limited. If Soldiers are giving you trouble, just fucking rage them. Or even cap the point after killing most of them, it's not hard.

Castill

What Meowgi said, and Soldier doesn't need nerfed or limited. If Soldiers are giving you trouble, just fucking rage them. Or even cap the point after killing most of them, it's not hard.
Not me I can manage but if you didn't read my concern are the new players who can't deal with them. They can't chase them down because they just outrun hale too fast for even hale can get close enough to rage. This makes new players not come back. simple as that.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not me I can manage but if you didn't read my concern are the new players who can't deal with them. They can't chase them down because they just outrun hale too fast for even hale can get close enough to rage. This makes new players not come back. simple as that.
New players can learn not to be fuckwits. The real issue here sounds like that shitty Military Area map.

Castill

New players can learn not to be fuckwits. The real issue here sounds like that shitty Military Area map.
You do have a good point , but that doesn't rule out urban works with the massive hp packs and weapons depot where there is also an abundance.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You do have a good point , but that doesn't rule out urban works with the massive hp packs and weapons depot where there is also an abundance.
That's why I hate most VSH maps, most are too generous with health kits

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Meow I'm lost to where exactly where I'm supposed to go. I made that account but.. I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Post in that thread I linked explaining your suggestion

There's a 'post reply' button in the top left