• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So I went on TF2 today, nothin special. I go to my favorites and pick a server, which tells me I have at least 35 latency. I get on and all of a sudden i got 300-400 ping. Could someone tell me what's going on?

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
So I went on TF2 today, nothin special. I go to my favorites and pick a server, which tells me I have at least 35 latency. I get on and all of a sudden i got 300-400 ping. Could someone tell me what's going on?
Did you download torrents or stuff? Resetting the router might work, it has worked for me a couple o' times.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This happens somewhere along the network. Either your computer-to-router has latency, your router-to-ISP has latency, or your ISP-to-game server has latency. Could be the server, but more likely it's a connection either in your home or your ISP. Remember that a packet isn't always going to take the same route through the internet each time, so this happens.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
I had that problem once, first it was just the EU servers with 800 ping when i normally get 30 and then it fluctuated to all the other servers i've been on as-well. Just reset your router.

DJ Über Space Whale!

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
996 actually
thats just what they SHOW you, you have like a secret ping or something that they dont show u when u press tab after you hit 996