Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Rather than make a giant paragraph about what I'm doing, I'll put this here.
I get right to step seven when my computer decides it wants to open the images I'm trying to upload by using preview. And yes, I use a mac so the commands would be different for those of you using actual desktops. Anyone mind helping out a friend?

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
I'm not for sure. I'm not on a Mac, so for TF2 I just downloaded a .jpg of what I wanted and dragged it into my TF2 Screenshots folder, and bam.

joemaster725

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
navigate to Volume/Users/~username/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/steamid/team fortress 2 and plac your image there. i played on a mac back in the day, and this worked for me! (red indicates your name/ username)

Edit: this is the folder/directory it looks in by default for image files

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
navigate toVolume/Users/~username/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/steamid/team fortress 2 and plac your image there. i played on a mac back in the day, and this worked for me! (red indicates your name/ username)

Edit: this is the folder/directory it looks in by default for image files
I get to that and the only folder that seems to even work is my bin folder.
screenshot20120717at112344pm.png

Something tells me I'm doing it wrong somehow.

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
where is the image located right now? also, double check the extension on the picture. If you got it off the internet there's a good chance it's a .gif of .png

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
where is the image located right now? also, double check the extension on the picture. If you got it off the internet there's a good chance it's a .gif of .png
It's inside my team fortress 2 folder, and it's a personally uploaded one.

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
also, that pic looks like you're in the root directory instead of wherever tf2 is installed. Dunno if it's just a mac thing but it could have something to do with it

EDIT: yeah, it looks like a mac thing after watching the video. What you could try is find whatever the exact path name is for the picture and type the whole thing into the File line

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
also, that pic looks like you're in the root directory instead of wherever tf2 is installed. Dunno if it's just a mac thing but it could have something to do with it
Just following the video, that's the spray import menu.

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
try typing /Users/~username/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/steamid/team fortress 2/imagename.extension
or wherever the file is located