Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Alright the budget at the moment for a new pooter is $500. I am looking for a desktop or laptop that can plug into a 42" Hisense ultra thin LED tv via hdmi cable and it must have higher or almot the specs than the info provided.

Note: I may scroung up more money but this is all I have atm.

Info
toshiba satellite l745-s4110
screenshot20j.png

It must have a higher graphics card that can run tomb rader,driver san fran borderlands 2, and grand theft auto 4.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You likely won't be able to find anything efficient enough to run games like those on such a low budget. Wait until you're at least a thousand rich.

sov

Legendary Skial King
You may want to wait a few months (trust me, it's worth it.) to get a few more bucks and save around $800 dollars.

You'll find some great i5's and i7 Dells of the XP5 Dell series. Those will run the games you wanted.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I can put a list together if you are interested in building a desktop. You would be wise to scrounge up more and be around the $600-650 price range though. It wod run tf2 around 200-250 fps, for example.

Reactions: ViperStriker

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I can put a list together if you are interested in building a desktop. You would be wise to scrounge up more and be around the $600-650 price range though. It wod run tf2 around 200-250 fps, for example.
That would be great if you get any spare time to make one. I just graduated high school and my 1950 plymouth is up and running so I only have my 1957 bel air to work on and would love to build a computer as I wait for parts to come in.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You may want to wait a few months (trust me, it's worth it.) to get a few more bucks and save around $800 dollars.

You'll find some great i5's and i7 Dells of the XP5 Dell series. Those will run the games you wanted.
I will look into saving $800 and then buy things from the list bigshula is making. I am trying to keep to making a some what good computer nothing too fancy.

Reactions: sov

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Glad you have changed your mind about a desktop your gaming experience will change greatly.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Intel build - $824.92

Intel i-5 3570k 3.4ghz CPU
MSI Motherboard
Ripjaw 1600 dual channel ram ~ 8 Gig
Mid tower case
700w modular PSU
EVGA 660 2gb graphics card
1tb hdd
cd/dvd burner

AMD budget build - $564.92

Amd FX 3.6ghz CPU
Ripjaw 1600 dual channel ram ~ 8gig
MSI motherboard
Asus 550Ti 1gb graphics card
1 Tb hdd
Mid Tower case
680w PSU
cd/dvd burner

Now a few things - These are more or less example builds. You can tweak things here or there to your liking. That Intel build will play pretty much any game you can throw at it on high settings. The Amd budget build will play games well, but will be limited in the ability to upgrade a graphics card in time due to the fact that they still use boards with pci express 2.0 versus the 3.0. My first build was similar to the budget build and I played tf2 at 250fps. Both builds leave room for more Ram to be installed, but honestly, 8gig is plenty for gaming and doing other applications simultaneously.

As far as an operating system...I would get a uh special copy of windows and burn it to a disk ahead of time or pick an oem copy up for about $90. Up to you really.

Reactions: HappyClownFace

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Intel build - $824.92

MSI Motherboard
Mid tower case
700w modular PSU
1tb hdd
cd/dvd burner

Amd FX 3.6ghz CPU
MSI motherboard
1 Tb hdd
Mid Tower case
680w PSU
cd/dvd burner

Now a few things - These are more or less example builds. You can tweak things here or there to your liking. That Intel build will play pretty much any game you can throw at it on high settings. The Amd budget build will play games well, but will be limited in the ability to upgrade a graphics card in time due to the fact that they still use boards with pci express 2.0 versus the 3.0. My first build was similar to the budget build and I played tf2 at 250fps. Both builds leave room for more Ram to be installed, but honestly, 8gig is plenty for gaming and doing other applications simultaneously.

As far as an operating system...I would get a uh special copy of windows and burn it to a disk ahead of time or pick an oem copy up for about $90. Up to you really.
Dam the intel build would look beautiful with a nice dark purple or red LED in it. I might be able to sell my laptop that I am using right now for $350 without the hard drive and that should get me the rest of the money. Thanks for the help shula

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Dam the intel build would look beautiful with a nice dark purple or red LED in it. I might be able to sell my laptop that I am using right now for $350 without the hard drive and that should get me the rest of the money. Thanks for the help shula
why not keep the laptop its still nice to have one and just save up for the desktop.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I will look into saving $800 and then buy things from the list bigshula is making. I am trying to keep to making a some what good computer nothing too fancy.
Those that I listed are not to fancy but not to standard either. I think BigShula's list should help you though.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Intel build - $824.92

MSI Motherboard
Mid tower case
700w modular PSU
1tb hdd
cd/dvd burner

Amd FX 3.6ghz CPU
MSI motherboard
1 Tb hdd
Mid Tower case
680w PSU
cd/dvd burner

I thought that 3.0 slot cards are backwards compatible with other pci slot versions

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I thought that 3.0 slot cards are backwards compatible with other pci slot versions

It is backwards compatible, but you will not see a big increase in performance due to the slot or possibly the cpu not being able to read the speed of the 3.0. It will run at the speed of the 2.0 slot.