• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Military area is super plain and boring yet is one of the most popular maps, don't judge a book by it's front cover.

Two completely different map layouts.

Military arena is simple, yet not awful to look at and is fairly balanced.
However this map looks like it could be someones first attempt at a map.
Could do with some lighting changes, variation in textures, windows, few displacements, etc.

It could be nice to play, hence why I asked for a map download.

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Two completely different map layouts.

Military arena is simple, yet not awful to look at and is fairly balanced.
However this map looks like it could be someones first attempt at a map.
Could do with some lighting changes, variation in textures, windows, few displacements, etc.

It could be nice to play, hence why I asked for a map download.
This is in fact my first map, I'm open to any suggestions or criticism.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
474D8A5074DD9FBBDFDAE06ACA6330D1EC633184

You should make the ceiling higher, at the moment you have to crouch all the way up!

5D441C31AEE94597D6C25A13042C463B97E854A7

I do like this area though since there's enough room for hale to jump.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is in fact my first map, I'm open to any suggestions or criticism.

Absolutely, I'm not trying to be mean.

It's the kind of visuals that could get boring quickly.
Try making the overall warehouse darker, to enhance the spotlights (it could become rather scary if you had to rely on spotlights for example).
Test what if looks like with windows, make them light up key areas of the map (make the sun come at an angle, to vary the lighting further).
Since it's a warehouse, try reduce the amount of free space - adding props on the floor such as pallets, or discarded crates (real life example).
See if adding railings around the platform on the wall improves things, enhanced realism and could allow for slightly improved mechanics.

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
The intention was to have some open space for hale and classes like soldier, demo, scout etc. while also favoring snipers and engineers in other more specific sections.

Reactions: Cream Tea

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
The intention was to have some open space for hale and classes like soldier, demo, scout etc. while also favoring snipers and engineers in other more specific sections.

The vent by spawn is acceptable, that vent I showed you going up needs to be made taller though.

Also you should atleast add one info_observer_point entity to the map, not having one can crash some vsh servers and it also means that when you spawn you aren't just staring into the void.

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
So, any final changes? Or should I move on to submit, I've fixed the vent roof and added more detail for the open room.

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
I tested it, yes.

EDIT: I've also changed the map's file name to "vsh_abandoned_warehouse" for easier identification and originality.

Reactions: Cream Tea

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
NOTE: The screenshots on this thread are outdated, please check the suggestions sub-forum to see newer screenshots.