sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, my friend's computer stopped getting internet. He reset, and he got some error about like checking a disc which fixed itself. So, he thought that if he un installed net gear, and he un, then re plugged his USB connecter thingy i'd just download it again.
This was not the case.
If you'd like to contact him:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/T3L3P0RT3R/

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sorry, bud, but your story doesn't make much sense. Please have your friend:
  1. Register here and describe his issue in details;
  2. If bullet above doesn't work since he has no Internet - have him hard reset his Netgear router by pressing on a smally-small black button on the back panel of his router (Called "Reset button" on the picture below").
2011-06-05_184114_netgear_general_-_reset_button_location.jpg

That will reset his router to default allowing it to talk to the modem.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
He hooked up an ethernet cabe and now he gets internet, for everything except steam. Help him?

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sometimes steam would say to me its not connected, i would just press ok then click on steam again, it should start loading. That works for me

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sometimes steam would say to me its not connected, i would just press ok then click on steam again, it should start loading. That works for me
he's tried tha- FACE MELTING F2Per? I am NOT F2P

Anyway
Hes tried that. I think we're way past that stage

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Has he or you posted about the issue on the router and/or steam forums? While some of us know more about computers and routers and what not than others, the best bet will probably be to get a legit customer service guy to take care of it. I'm not home at the moment but when I get in if it hasn't been resolved, I'll see about doing some research and helping you.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Has he or you posted about the issue on the router and/or steam forums? While some of us know more about computers and routers and what not than others, the best bet will probably be to get a legit customer service guy to take care of it. I'm not home at the moment but when I get in if it hasn't been resolved, I'll see about doing some research and helping him.
Thanks, I added roman to see if he could help him, but he's in Tf2 idling or something

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you guys gotta remember, its not me. Its my friend I linked in the OP. And also, he's on a phone

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Fix'd

5:27 PM - Telep☆rter47: well
5:28 PM - Telep☆rter47: my dad gave me a new adapter
5:28 PM - Telep☆rter47: and
5:28 PM - Telep☆rter47: thats how

Reactions: Roman

ŋĩńjā jiм

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I had this problem before with my adapter getting fried from frequent power outages. It also kept corrupted the memory for my router for login details for my DSL. Was very frustrating and time consuming, luckily I was able to return the router for a new one. Glad your friend had his problem resolved, it's always the simple issues that are the final solutions.