• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Should I make another Skial only map?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
dr_minefarm_beta is the first map I have ever released publicly.

After the success of my first two maps dr_undertale and vsh_urban_works, while they will stay private I am glad to see what a success they have been. I have no plans on releasing vsh_urban_works and undertale will remain Skial only especially as it is now in the hands of @Pedro the fabulous. Thanks for taking it on Pedro.

Now I am still going to work with Skial closely, but I do feel it's time to get my name out there a tad more this being the first step.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'd say no. Not only will more people enjoy your map but you can easily promote you and skial with it. That mapper Sir Hal (tower/atoll/roadfromnowhere) promotes whatever server he has putted on his bulletin board. (I hate his maps but they're well known for some reason thus good advertisement)

Bottiger

Administrator
I may be a bit biased, but I would say having exclusive maps will still get you the recognition you want, if not better than letting it be run on random poor quality servers.

There are only a handful of Saxton and Deathrun servers that are as populated to the extent that ours are, so you wouldn't be reaching a much larger audience by allowing everyone to host it.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
There are only a handful of Saxton and Deathrun servers

I can relate to this I guess, somebody has pointed out it's not a friendly map for servers with double jump enabled.

Since I only really play on Skial deathrun I am used to doublejump being off and scout being slower.

And sure I can make more exclusive maps, I'm kind of waiting for a good idea to pop into my head like undertale since minecraft was pretty generic.

Undertale seems to be one of the main attractions to the Skial deathrun server and has worked quite well.

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Yo Cream, if there isn't a trap on minefarm that pays homage to YOU BROKE THE ROOLS
I'mma be disappointed

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can relate to this I guess, somebody has pointed out it's not a friendly map for servers with double jump enabled.

Since I only really play on Skial deathrun I am used to doublejump being off and scout being slower.

And sure I can make more exclusive maps, I'm kind of waiting for a good idea to pop into my head like undertale since minecraft was pretty generic.

Undertale seems to be one of the main attractions to the Skial deathrun server and has worked quite well.

If you make another DR map and are looking for a suggestion, could you consider leaving touch sensitive break away platforms out?

I think they're fine, but griefers being griefers like to teamkill with the platforms. I see it happen a good amount on cocanium and undertale

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
If you make another DR map and are looking for a suggestion, could you consider leaving touch sensitive break away platforms out?

I think they're fine, but griefers being griefers like to teamkill with the platforms. I see it happen a good amount on cocanium and undertale

I have noticed this a lot with dr_undertale especially with only one pair. Most maps have atleast two different pairs.

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I have noticed this a lot with dr_undertale especially with only one pair. Most maps have atleast two different pairs.

Meowcenary makes a good point that a lot of the time players grief these kind of platforms, but if it was necessary that you needed them, you could always do what Dr_Pirate does and have a push force near platforms, so players cant return back to the platforms to grief others and get pushed away.

Edit; They'd still be able to keep bouncing on platforms if they could go back in forth on them, but the moment they make it to the end they cant get back to the platforms to grief, and most players cant consecutively keep bouncing between platforms. I've never seen it happen on Pirate
DOUBLE EDIT: It'd be best to put a push force for the first part and the end part of the platforms*