Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I doubt this is gonna get approved but worth a shot

I think one of the reasons why it doesn't fill well is because the ping is horrendous on it for most people. Every time I'm on the server at least half (usually the majority) of the server has 120+ ping. Some VSH players I talk to said they don't even bother going to the server due to the ping most of them have to deal with there

Edit -
lF9docO.png

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Here's a screenshot to help show what I mean

Note the pings to the left

lF9docO.png

That's not a cherry picked screenshot either, I just joined the server and grabbed it. The majority of people are usually hovering over 100 ping every time I've checked

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Is TX best spot? When servers say US, where are they typically?
Chicago, I believe. Also, if, for example, the majority of the players are in Europe, then their ping to Chicago and Texas should be fairly similar.

Here's a screenshot to help show what I mean

Note the pings to the left

lF9docO.png

That's not a cherry picked screenshot either, I just joined the server and grabbed it. The majority of people are usually hovering over 100 ping every time I've checked
Could they perhaps be a majority of West coast and Asian players? I have ~120 ping from Alabama to LA servers. Therefore, I might imagine it to be possible that LA players to Chicago could have ~100-120 ping

EDIT: I assumed @Defibyoulater was saying FF is a US server, but I see it's an NY server.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When I just joined the server today, I was experiencing high ping which is really unusual for a NY server. I'm not sure if it's all the plugins or the server location, but I never had this kind of trouble with FF servers that were anywhere in the US. Usually I only have this kind of trouble with EU servers nowadays.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I think a lot of people are from the Weat Coast because I however around 80-100 ping when me and my friends play, and a lot of others have the same issue.

Maybe we should check to see where the connections are coming from? Because if a lot of them are coming from the West it would make sense for the server to be relocated, but if the server is just laggy in general that's a bigger problem.

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm not seeing any evidence that the server is unbearably laggy. It could just be the case that most of these people are not near the server and they could be on opposite sides so moving it somewhere else will cause higher pings for half the people.

The server is also not really that popular enough where we would consider spending extra money to over-optimize the ping.

This location is the only ddos proof location in the US as well.