• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGG

Unremarkable User
I love your TF2 Orange X7 server. Often times when I'm on there, there are guttersnipe players using derogatory terms such as fag, gay, nigger as well as just being shitty to each other. I don't know that I've ever seen an admin actually on there as I don't recall ever seeing a tag that would indicate an admin. I could record a demo and post it for such an incident but for anything other than hacking, I won't because it seems like a waste of my time. It would be nice if there way to get an admin on the server to resolve issues quickly or to have admins drop in and just check periodically. Maybe this does occur but like I said, I didn't notice it.
Thanks for running a fun server.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
No words are banned except for racist one like the n word or other racial slurs. People can generally be rude all they want, as long as it does not become harrasment or racist. If you are not going to take the time to do something about rulebreakers (even for racial slurs) then you have no right to complain about it. It takes about 2 minutes to report a chat violation. All you have to do is either take a screenshot, or just supply their Skial stat page, so the admin can check the chat. There are also no admin tags in-game.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins

That is the list of admins. You can add a couple, and just ask them for help when you need it. That is the best way besides reporting.

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Client Mute function for assholes (I know because I am one), record demo, and skial chat logs. Admins are there to help provided you give them proper evidence.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Skial has a lot of servers and not enough admins to cover every one of them. I think Bottiger also said sometime back that he doesn't want -that- many admins at once. It would require quite a lot of admins to cover all those servers.

But what a lot of people don't realize is they can very easily get a admin into the server if they need one.

If you need a admin right away, add one from here and ask them to come in the server: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins

If you do go that route make sure to tell them the name of the person, what they're doing, and the server.

Alternatively you can make a report manually on the forums, or you can use !report in game. That may take longer for a admin to come into the server which is why its always suggested to get evidence to post on the report. But if you need a admin quicker, add one through the steam group (linked above in my post)

You can even add some admins and keep them on your friends list to tell them when someone's breaking the rules if you want. I have a handful of people who keep me added for when they need a admin

Reactions: 185db

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Also some advice on recording demos. 1: Never call out the person for cheating because they can turn it off. 2: sm_spectate playername so when they die goes straight for them. 3: Make sure it is in first person lol. My experience with Skial is evidence is key and if it isn't good then it is a no go. Which is a good thing.