Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Although Im talking about middleman in CSGO.
I dont have many items there either, but ive had upto 60€ items.
You're best bet here is to probably learn from other middlemen by trading yourself, if you do trades of risk, you could possibly ask for a middleman. Watch what they're doing and if you ever do a middleman, talk it with one of Steamrep's Trusted Middlemen on how you could improve.

I also recommend checking out a tutorial on how to safely middleman a transaction taught by Reddit Middleman and SR Moderator, Penguin the Fluffy, which can be found here.

Walter White [Middleman]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
T
You're best bet here is to probably learn from other middlemen by trading yourself, if you do trades of risk, you could possibly ask for a middleman. Watch what they're doing and if you ever do a middleman, talk it with one of Steamrep's Trusted Middlemen on how you could improve.

I also recommend checking out a tutorial on how to safely middleman a transaction taught by Reddit Middleman and SR Moderator, Penguin the Fluffy, which can be found here.
Thanks for the help! i have done LOTs of trades xD

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Well, couldn't some of you just pm me if you need a middleman? Just for small trades? and then give rep? Since the people I trade with just remove me directly after the trade.
no. People do not go for random middlemen, they use steam rep middle man which it takes a long time to build the proper rep and the community gets to know and trust you. Do you even know what a middleman does or why they do it? there is just as much trust trading an item with you than the person they are trading with. So your services will never be needed here or probably anywhere. And trading in it self doesnt mean shit. People dont rep you for trading scrap for a weapon any 5 year old can do that. You get rep for making cash trades. Buy and sell items for real money!

and you need a rep page that looks like this. And from a reputable tf2 cash rep site.
http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,3925.0.html

Walter White [Middleman]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
no. People do not go for random middlemen, they use steam rep middle man which it takes a long time to build the proper rep and the community gets to know and trust you. Do you even know what a middleman does or why they do it? there is just as much trust trading an item with you than the person they are trading with. So your services will never be needed here or probably anywhere. And trading in it self doesnt mean shit. People dont rep you for trading scrap for a weapon any 5 year old can do that. You get rep for making cash trades. Buy and sell items for real money!

and you need a rep page that looks like this. And from a reputable tf2 cash rep site.
http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,3925.0.html
Everyones replying nicely..But you.. No need for these comments. I asked for help.
Of course I know what a middleman does and why they do it? Why would I want to become one if I didn't know what it was?
And for that matter, I have traded real cash skins.. A guy bought a p90 skin from me, he went first.

Last edited:

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Blue is being blunt, but he's right.
Generally someone who middleman's is someone that is rather well known, and trusted by the community they are based out of. To be totally frank, we don't know you at all. You showed up wanting to middleman, on a primarily tf2 site, and you expect us to trust you when you don't have much in terms of inventory/tf2 time? You say you sold a p90 skin? How much did you sell it for, have you ever owned a knife and sold it through something other than marketplace?

You need a rep page on something like sourceop, and you need a LOT of rep to even be considered for middleman. Having it in your name isn't enough.

Walter White [Middleman]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Blue is being blunt, but he's right.
Generally someone who middleman's is someone that is rather well known, and trusted by the community they are based out of. To be totally frank, we don't know you at all. You showed up wanting to middleman, on a primarily tf2 site, and you expect us to trust you when you don't have much in terms of inventory/tf2 time? You say you sold a p90 skin? How much did you sell it for, have you ever owned a knife and sold it through something other than marketplace?

You need a rep page on something like sourceop, and you need a LOT of rep to even be considered for middleman. Having it in your name isn't enough.
It wasn't expensive, and I didn't really know that this was a Tf2 site tbh..
He went first with paypal and I gave him the p90 directly after..
I don't know how to prove my innocence or what to call it.
I'm just here if somebody needed help.
And of course, I will try to get well-known, and by that time, we will be laughing at this! :D

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You're going to need more than a few hundred hours in CS:GO, and 1k in Garry's mod. You're gonna need a lot more than around 100 items in your steam inventory. And you're gonna need more than just one paid trade. Plainly put, you need to be active in the trading community as a whole, not just here.

Vincenzo

Positively Inhumane Poster
I forgot to point this out, but it doesn't help that you have a [MIDDLEMAN] tag on your name. I have crabbed over 50 crabs with pots worth 2 buds and higher (side note, never crab, it isn't worth it), and I have never met a trusted mm with a tag like this. Along with the other factors (your low play time in certain games, your very low level of reputation, the size of your inventory, your low steam level, etc.) make it seem like you're just like one of the many people out there who want to "mm" for someone, only to take both parties items and run. Don't be offended by this. This is the internet, and being that you need be trusted to be a successful mm, people need to judge how trustworthy you are based on certain factors, like the ones listed above. We don't know you personally, therefore we need to be convinced that you are a good choice to trust with our virtual possessions if need be.

To be a trusted mm, you need many hours in games like tf2 and cs:go to show you have a lot of time invested in these games, which makes it less likely for you to ruin your trust by running after mm-ing. You need a high steam level and a decent amount of items in your inventory to show that you are invested in gaming, mostly for the same reason why it is essential to have many hours in tf2 and cs:go. Reputation threads on certain trading websites are also essential, to show that you have been deemed trustworthy by the trading community. Lose the mm tag, it makes it seem like you're begging to mm for others, which is sketchy.

edit: please note there are many trusted mm already out there, and established in the tf2 and cs:go trading community. My recommendation to you is just trade, and get more hours and reputation in cs:go and tf2. Although it is nice to have trusted people in an online gaming community, atm it doesn't seem like more mm are needed.

Walter White [Middleman]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I forgot to point this out, but it doesn't help that you have a [MIDDLEMAN] tag on your name. I have crabbed over 50 crabs with pots worth 2 buds and higher (side note, never crab, it isn't worth it), and I have never met a trusted mm with a tag like this. Along with the other factors (your low play time in certain games, your very low level of reputation, the size of your inventory, your low steam level, etc.) make it seem like you're just like one of the many people out there who want to "mm" for someone, only to take both parties items and run. Don't be offended by this. This is the internet, and being that you need be trusted to be a successful mm, people need to judge how trustworthy you are based on certain factors, like the ones listed above. We don't know you personally, therefore we need to be convinced that you are a good choice to trust with our virtual possessions if need be.

To be a trusted mm, you need many hours in games like tf2 and cs:go to show you have a lot of time invested in these games, which makes it less likely for you to ruin your trust by running after mm-ing. You need a high steam level and a decent amount of items in your inventory to show that you are invested in gaming, mostly for the same reason why it is essential to have many hours in tf2 and cs:go. Reputation threads on certain trading websites are also essential, to show that you have been deemed trustworthy by the trading community. Lose the mm tag, it makes it seem like you're begging to mm for others, which is sketchy.

edit: please note there are many trusted mm already out there, and established in the tf2 and cs:go trading community. My recommendation to you is just trade, and get more hours and reputation in cs:go and tf2. Although it is nice to have trusted people in an online gaming community, atm it doesn't seem like more mm are needed.

Yes, I do understand that you just can't trust a complete stranger on the internet.
I will try to improve on these factors, I will be more active in the steam.. I used to play alot of League of legends, but now I rarely play it. It's mostly CS:GO. And as requested, I removed the tag.
1400 hours in GMod should show something though.
And the low inventory I explained earlier :) I'm a trade-up guy. I've traded from 0.10€ worth of items to 7€ in maybe 2 weeks. It's not much, but It's cool :D
Have a great day everyone who helped!
And I don't really know what " 50 crabs with pots worth 2 buds" means.. I'm guessing it means scammer. I don't scam, never will.. Not worth it. Then Ill just get a ban from steam. I just like the feel of people depending on me and trusting in me, + I like to help. That's the only reason I ever wanted to start middleman'ing.
I hope you understand! I never wanted to be the guy that everyone tags like "definetly a scammer" or something like that xD

Someone.

Contributor
And I don't really know what " 50 crabs with pots worth 2 buds" means.. I'm guessing it means scammer. I don't scam, never will.. Not worth it. Then Ill just get a ban from steam. I just like the feel of people depending on me and trusting in me, + I like to help. That's the only reason I ever wanted to start middleman'ing.
I hope you understand! I never wanted to be the guy that everyone tags like "definetly a scammer" or something like that xD

You are mistaken.

Spycrabbing (crabbing) is a TF2 gambling thing and Earbuds (buds) is the currency.

Vincenzo

Yes, I do understand that you just can't trust a complete stranger on the internet.

Basically what _Someone_ said. Although middlemen can mm for PayPal purchases, many use mm's for crabbing and other forms of tf2 and cs:go gambling, as most people end up losing and running, instead of paying up their loses as agreed.

For me, crabbing seemed like an easy and quick way to increase my inventory value, although I ended up losing over 15 buds pure and 17 in unusuals crabbing in under a month timeframe. There are some people who are able to go from 10 buds to 100 crabbing, although there are many more who do the opposite. As one of the guys I know who mm's most of my crabs once said "Crabbing is for those who are soon to be poor". Lesson learned, don't crab.

Back onto topic, if you even mm a crab or other form of virtual gambling, make sure to have both parties write out an agreement in chat and agree to it before allowing them to go through with whatever they are doing. Also, make sure the winner confirms that he or she is the person you are in trade with before trading them their items by making them crouch or jump to confirm that they are in a trade with you, as there are some scammers who will rename themselves as the same name as one of the crabbers, and trade the mm as soon as that person wins, if they win. Just some hopefully helpful tips if you do mm more in the future.