Xito

Scarcely Lethal Noob
How often would you be available to trade?:
4/5 hours a day (4PM to 10PM)
What country do you live in?:
Netherlands
What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?:
Brokered a Gut Knife Marble Fade (FN)
Do you have any prior middleman experiences?:
I've been a middleman in a couple of spycrabs and such
You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?:
I ask both parties to send me a fullscreen, unedited screenshot of their activity screens. After which, I check the metadata of both files to check for any discrepancys (Such as, old file extensions like .psd)
The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?:
I ask the trader using steam items to send me their items and I ask the person using non-steam items to send theirs to the other person. Once the other person confirms that, I give the non-steam trader the steam items.
The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middlemanning, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?:
If someone's a tagged scammer on steamrep, I cancel the trade and tell the non-scammer to not trade them, even if I'm not middlemanning. Trading with a scammer gets you marked AND if I do go on with the trade, it will convince the non-scammer that it's reasonably safe to trade with marked scammers. If they have a pending report, I wait for it to be worked out and than either cancel or go on with the trade.
Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?:
http://bazaar.tf/thread/8435
With some cs:go stuff that I've done.
Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?:
I've had a long-time experience in trading and have found myself being scammed a couple of times when I was just a little baby-trader. I'd like to make the community safer and reduce the amount of scams happening every single day.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
-1 never encourage a non scammer to trade with a real scammer

Last edited:

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
-1 never encourage a non scammer to trade with a real scammer

I think you misunderstood his response, reread it again. He said he wouldn't middle man a scammer trade, and discourages it. He also said he would only do the trade when a scam report that is pending fails, so I think that was where you are confused.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
I think you misunderstood his response, reread it again. He said he wouldn't middle man a scammer trade, and discourages it. He also said he would only do the trade when a scam report that is pending fails, so I think that was where you are confused.
Oh ok mvm sorry

Reactions: Reedgreat