Somewhat Threatening Sniper
How often would you be available to trade?:
I'm already trading 8+ hours a day, if needed more. Specifically at 9 AM -> 12 AM, nearly all day.
What country do you live in?:
United States, California specifically
What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?:
$7,000 BTC Trade with HASOON, with risk would be a $3,500 trade I did with someone who seemed very sketchy and was on the verge of canceling the deal.
Do you have any prior middleman experiences?:
I've middleman for a few friends who have purchased pins, most I've done is a middleman for an AK Case Hardened worth $2,800 USD
You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?:
You ask both users for screenshots of their recent activity in PayPal (assuming it's PayPal, if not then whatever method they're using, Skrill, BTC, etc.) Also ask to make sure he sent it to the correct address. If it shows he did send it to the correct address then wait a few minutes as it's probably processing.
The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?:
For the trade to happen, I ask the user with the item in steam to send me the item, the user who has the non-steam item assuming it's cash via PayPal or BTC I ask him to send the payment, I confirm that the seller got the payment and I give the buyer the items he paid for.
The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middlemanning, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?:
No, I don't deal with registered scammers what so ever. Pending reports I take into account while doing the middleman and people have caution tags I look into why they have it. For example my friend ROFL is cautioned for "Brokering for a banned user." So I would proceed with the Middleman in that case, if he's cautioned for scamming that's another issue I'd take into account.
Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?:
I do, I have a cash reputation thread here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/350540974009021107/
Ontop of that I am very reputable in the CS:GO trading community, be it cash trading or just trading items for items.
Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?:
Like said previously, I'm highly reputable in the community. I trade for countless hours a day and I want to give back more towards the community. I've watched many friends get scammed and I myself have been scammed, I'd like to make sure that no longer happens. I'm mature, responsible, and overall a fun person to interact with.

Just thought I'd let you guys know since it's been about 2 months now that I am still very much interested.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You've never even played a single minute on skial servers before. Maybe that's not a requirement of a middlemap app, but I just don't see the point.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You've never even played a single minute on skial servers before. Maybe that's not a requirement of a middlemap app, but I just don't see the point.
It's not a requirement. Middlemen assist the entirety of the Steam Community with trading through PayPal or other forms of exchange where the items are not in the steam window.

As for the applicant, I should've addressed this and for that, I apologize. You've not been declined and your app is acceptable, we're just not in a high demand for middlemen at the current time. It's also hard to place a shield on someone we don't know and have them represent us. This app will be kept in mind but I'll ask this because I am interested in your answer. As of December 23rd, 2016. You have 5 friends on your list who are tagged on SR. Why is that?

seems like he forgot his own app
I didn't forget my own application, I check it every few days. :)

It's not a requirement. Middlemen assist the entirety of the Steam Community with trading through PayPal or other forms of exchange where the items are not in the steam window.

As for the applicant, I should've addressed this and for that, I apologize. You've not been declined and your app is acceptable, we're just not in a high demand for middlemen at the current time. It's also hard to place a shield on someone we don't know and have them represent us. This app will be kept in mind but I'll ask this because I am interested in your answer. As of December 23rd, 2016. You have 5 friends on your list who are tagged on SR. Why is that?
This was a mistake, I should never have over 3. The 3 being: cAre, Samalex, and Custom (Custom is a youtuber who has a trade ban, only friends with him because he's a fun youtuber to watch. The other two, everyone knows about them and why they have steamrep bans.) Anything over it's because I accepted someone who I thought would be alright but turns out they have bans. I check steamrep about 3 times a week and if it ever goes over 3 I search through and remove them.

I understand you're not in high demand, I know I don't play on Skial but I was appointed here by "Gentleman" who is a SR staff member as I'd like to do more for the community.

EDIT: Is there anything more you suggest I do to get more known as that seems to be a key point in your reply.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I check steamrep about 3 times a week and if it ever goes over 3 I search through and remove them.
Do you check the SR profile of everyone who adds you before you accept their friend request?

Do you check the SR profile of everyone who adds you before you accept their friend request?
No, I just check their inventories, if I see something I want then I hit accept or unless they put a valid reason in the comments of my profile. I get 100+ friend requests a day, takes a lot of time to check SR profiles, I don't go through Friend Requests on google either. I do it through steam client so I don't have the nifty add on.

But if it turns out they are marked on steam rep for any reason I remove them asap, I check steamrep about once a day or every other day so they don't stay there long.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No, I just check their inventories, if I see something I want then I hit accept or unless they put a valid reason in the comments of my profile. I get 100+ friend requests a day, takes a lot of time to check SR profiles, I don't go through Friend Requests on google either. I do it through steam client so I don't have the nifty add on.

But if it turns out they are marked on steam rep for any reason I remove them asap, I check steamrep about once a day or every other day so they don't stay there long.
So what would you do if a scammer adds you and you didn't check and you end up middlemanning for a scammer? This concerns me.

So what would you do if a scammer adds you and you didn't check and you end up middlemanning for a scammer? This concerns me.
...If I'm going to middleman for someone, then I do extensive research. I'm not just a middleman, I'm also a trader myself. People add me all day long for my skins, I know scammers within 5 minutes of talking to them w/o even having to look them up. But if someone requests a middleman service, then I'd go into extensive research looking at the buyer and sellers steamrep, if they have cashrep, other communities, other accounts etc. I wouldn't just accept a friend request and they ask for a middleman then I say sure and proceed, no there has to be background checks, I won't assist without checking myself first.

I get 100+ friend requests a day, some scammers get through but they don't last long on the list. I wouldn't ever middleman for a scammer.

Like I said I clean my friends list often, lots of people add me to "collect" me as I'm level 350 on steam and a lot of scammers try adding me because of my inventory. I know scammers when I see one and even to consider middlemanning for someone there will be a lot of background checks through other communities and steamrep before even beginning the process of helping them out.

I apologize if I was a bit repetitive.

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
After discussing with Faron, we've decided to not accept your application at the current time.