• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Strymon

Unremarkable User
Hey folks,

Is there any way to be able to turn off those mid-game ads that pop up on your servers every now and then? They try to play some kind of music/video and everytime it does it makes my game crash. Big fan of your servers and I love to play on them but the ads get a bit annoying...any way to turn them off?

Strymon

Unremarkable User
Yea I've tried disabling the html motd but the mid-game things still pop-up...guess I'll just have to donate, thanks anyway!

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yea I've tried disabling the html motd but the mid-game things still pop-up...guess I'll just have to donate, thanks anyway!
weird. disabling html motd should stop the video. hmm have you tried just clicking pause when it pops up?

Strymon

Unremarkable User
the actual loading of the video itself is what causes the game to crash it seems like. once the thing starts my game just lags immensely to the point of freezing, I usually hear part of the video starting to play and then it cuts off and closes tf2

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
the actual loading of the video itself is what causes the game to crash it seems like. once the thing starts my game just lags immensely to the point of freezing, I usually hear part of the video starting to play and then it cuts off and closes tf2
that's rather odd.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
weird. disabling html motd should stop the video. hmm have you tried just clicking pause when it pops up?
Yeah disabling stops the video, but you still get the start up screen and have to hit continue anyways, it just doesnt play the video, well thats what happens for me anyhow.
Maybe its down to video settings on the gpu, could even be a codec issue..??

Bottiger

Administrator
I would recommend updating Flash and Windows, or donating.

If you are crashing when this happens you probably have a very old versions that are vulnerable to viruses.

Flash and Windows have a new exploit every other month.