PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Never even seen this stuff, how in the hell do you get this anyhow? always wondered.
Right-click anywhere on your desktop and there will be "Gadgets" menu. Anyhow, Microsoft now recommends disabling them due to serious vulnerability discovered recently. So I'd suggest not to discover this stuff now (lol).

BTW, that's how we used to play Doom back in a days (Roman knows what's up):

x7CEp.jpg

Reactions: Doctor Who

Dono Spacey

Face-Melting F2Per
Right-click anywhere on your desktop and there will be "Gadgets" menu. Anyhow, Microsoft now recommends disabling them due to serious vulnerability discovered recently. So I'd suggest not to discover this stuff now (lol).

:suspicious: i never fucking noticed that button.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's so beautiful on my desktop. The colors and fluid motion can't be experienced in one picture.
I don't understand what Microsoft was thinking when they decided to model their PC operating system after the most fail mobile OS on the market? just makes no sense to me ( I work for Verizon so I may know a thing our two about mobile OS)

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't understand what Microsoft was thinking when they decided to model their PC operating system after the most fail mobile OS on the market? just makes no sense to me ( I work for Verizon so I may know a thing our two about mobile OS)
Because it's beautiful and simple. Do you know how many 'normal' people complain about having to use Windows? I don't think most of us here are those type. The complaints and whining from average users, non-techies, would drastically drop because Metro is so easy. Not at first, but once you learn it it is. And about the Metro interface, it's beautiful. It just is. Not everyone has that design eye, but that's good or else we'd still be stuck using something that looks like Windows 95.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
When I was playing these games aged like 4, my grandad put a .bat on the computer so it was just "press a number for the game." EASY TIMES
My dad did that for a couple of other commands, like dir/p, and stuck them in the MSDOS folder so we could use them in any directory.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mobile 7.5 is pretty stable and awesome. I have HTC HD7 on Win 7.5 Mobile - I have nothing to complain about.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Mobile 7.5 is pretty stable and awesome. I have HTC HD7 on Win 7.5 Mobile - I have nothing to complain about.
You're in the minority though. Most people either buy iPhones or Android. Nobody walks into the stores saying " I would love to get a windows phone." Matter of fact I have never had anyone even ask about them. I've been selling phones for quite some time now. Don't get me wrong, it is a good stable OS. If you like having Jack shit to choose from on apps, that's your business. I could discuss all the ups and downs of mobile OS's, but I'll leave that for another thread of a more relevant topic.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nobody walks into the stores saying "I would love to get a windows phone".
You'll be laughing, but I'm the one who walked into T-Mobile's store and asked specifically for a Windows phone :D The primary reason is that I wanted stable secure robust device that would allow me to perform critical functions:
  • Take care of my business email;
  • Send/receive text messages;
  • Work with MS Office;
  • Send/Receive calls.
I don't care about apps on my phone - I have tablet for them.

I agree with you though that for now people buy Android- and iOS- based phones primarily, but I think things will change with Samsung Series 5 Hybrid PC release.