• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Aegon V Targaryen

Mildly Menacing Medic
There is no mic rules on skial servers? Today I was playing 2fort and some kids started taking in spanish all the time. Some servers don't allow speaking other languages other than english. Is it allowed here? They were annoying everyone.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Foreign language is allowed

All you have to do is client mute them if its annoying you. If you don't want to go through the effort of finding their name, typing !ignore and then part or all of their name in chat will mute them.

But our no spam rules and no racism rules apply to mic usage

Reactions: Aegon V Targaryen

dafoose

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I think the best way to deal with people who use mics is to talk to them and approach them softly.

I often find that the people who enjoy talking a lot (not spamming per se) are often people who are very interested in what other people think of them, provided you are polite.

It is a great opportunity to touch somebody elses heart when you give them the attention they are so desperately needing by perpetuating their voice onto a server, that you can instantly change the flow of a conversation and make it better commentary for everybody.

Younger people are especially prone to this kind of change and I highly suggest that we as individuals attempt to change others with the same kindness we would like to see.

Reactions: Chance

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think the best way to deal with people who use mics is to talk to them and approach them softly.

I often find that the people who enjoy talking a lot (not spamming per se) are often people who are very interested in what other people think of them, provided you are polite.

It is a great opportunity to touch somebody elses heart when you give them the attention they are so desperately needing by perpetuating their voice onto a server, that you can instantly change the flow of a conversation and make it better commentary for everybody.

Younger people are especially prone to this kind of change and I highly suggest that we as individuals attempt to change others with the same kindness we would like to see.
Young people using the mic isn't against our rules. If they aren't mic spamming, then someone trying to mute them would be votemenu abusing, so you should take a demo and make a report, if you don't mind. Additionally, those are who talking a lot (not excessively) are also not mic spamming, so, if anyone tries to mute them, same thing: record a demo and make a report. Thanks!

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I would like to clarify what counts as "mic spamming", if someone has their microphone on constantly (ie: not "push to talk") with background noise, them making noises other than talking- does this constitute mic spamming, or should they must be client muted?

Addelar

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I would like to clarify what counts as "mic spamming", if someone has their microphone on constantly (ie: not "push to talk") with background noise, them making noises other than talking- does this constitute mic spamming, or should they must be client muted?

I'm not an admin, but in my experience those who have perpetual background noise often don't realize it is happening. It has happened to me once or twice after changing voice settings. If you mention it either in voice or, more commonly, chat, they will often turn it off. I believe mic spamming in this case would be intentional abuse, such as using a soundboard to say the same phrases over and over again without reprieve, or intentional trolling though slurs or other obvious attempts to be as annoying as possible. Don't confuse that with children who just annoy you for be children! They should just be muted client side. But if you have a Family Guy soundboard where the entire game you hear someone spamming Peter's laughter while the player is playing bonk with a wall, then that may just qualify for mic spam. Again, not an admin. Just a humble opinion.

shots

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
If someone is talking in a foreign language or a young kid is talking and you think it annoys you personally, then client mute them. There's no need to votemute if spam isn't present. All in all, foreign language is allowed on skial servers.