Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So today I purchased a new usb headset and plugged it into my computer. I already tested it on Steam preferences and it receives just fine but it refuses to let me change the input from "Built in" to "logitech usb headset" despite the option to change it being there. I've already used it on Skype and it works fine then but not when I play TF2. Also the computer I use is a 10.6 macbook air. Is this something I can fix or am I just going to have to play TF2 micless?

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
Do you have the "Enable Microphone in-game" turned on in the settings?

Check the steam settings as well. I think that there is a "Enable Microphone in-game" option there as well.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So today I purchased a new usb headset and plugged it into my computer. I already tested it on Steam preferences and it receives just fine but it refuses to let me change the input from "Built in" to "logitech usb headset" despite the option to change it being there. I've already used it on Skype and it works fine then but not when I play TF2. Also the computer I use is a 10.6 macbook air. Is this something I can fix or am I just going to have to play TF2 micless?

Another semi-obvious question, is voice_enable set to 1?

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
I already tested it on Steam preferences and it receives just fine but it refuses to let me change the input from "Built in" to "logitech usb headset" despite the option to change it being there.

Are you changing the default device on steam or your mac system preferences?