Ivory Jubilee~

Epic Skial Regular
Obviously I wouldn't pyro In 6's but I'd like to get into doing comp for whatever reason, I dunno to be honest. I'd say I'm an above average pyro but then again I havent done much comp as pyro before, I've medic'd a few times in lobbies before and did reasonably well but I lose my footing and start to screw up when people blame me for everything and I've only just started demo so I'd like to train to play him as well.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Play more lobbies to get the feel of it more, I just played with you in the last lobby, some tips i could give you as pyro, is spycheck around medic and buildings more, and use more m2.. tbh we were at a disadvantage in that game anyway..

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Highlander is more about teamplay, 6v6 is more about skills, so I prefer HL because it's more relaxed and nowhere as near competitive as 6s. Plus, you can play Pyro there.

In 5cp, koth, payload offense just stick with the medic all the time (along with the demo and the heavy and in some cases the soldier if he's running buff banner for support not roaming with the shotgun), only leave him when someone calls out the spy's location and there are other people to protect the medic while you're gone. Spy is one of the classes which are played on a much higher level even on lobbies compared to pubs, know the trickstabs and don't fall for them, and don't be complacent just because you're a pyro. Also, know when you should just leave them to escape instead of chasing them down. On payload defense stay around the sentry with the medic all the time, don't leave even if the sniper calls out the spy. Use airblast to get rid of stickies and rockets, also be aware that you'll be countercharged when they push in so you can M2 them out of range.

Pyro is classified as an offensive class on the main screen (while demo is a defensive one), that's not the case at all : )

Reactions: Giildy

λir

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Want to be on my highlander team? the pyro and I had a falling out of sorts. i don't really care about your skill level as long as you're able to walk through a doorway and have a mic you're all set.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dotJ
Hit me up on steam with a friend request if you're interested.

Ivory Jubilee~

Epic Skial Regular
Play more lobbies to get the feel of it more, I just played with you in the last lobby, some tips i could give you as pyro, is spycheck around medic and buildings more, and use more m2.. tbh we were at a disadvantage in that game anyway..
Thanks maddo :D

λir

My mic is broken ATM I'm going to either try and fix it next week after work at some point or get a new one
alright don't really matter, if you can make it to games on the 25th, 27th, and 28th, I think it'll be an appropriate trial period for you to see if you like the team. The engie is really a god at the class so he's easy to work with.

λir

Also, my 6's team needs a demo currently. Could get you in on that as well if you want. Don't worry about not knowing rollouts to maps, I can teach you anything you need to know about 6's.

Ivory Jubilee~

Epic Skial Regular
alright don't really matter, if you can make it to games on the 25th, 27th, and 28th, I think it'll be an appropriate trial period for you to see if you like the team. The engie is really a god at the class so he's easy to work with.
Depends on the time really because I have a job and shit