Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I just realized something: Instead of needing Steam to withdraw stuff, when you need real cash just take your keys and such out of the market and sell for PayPal, right? Makes everything a ton less risky.

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
This is less risky, if you're looking to buy shit from steam then you can sell it there instead of here, blah blah blah. Because of this I doubt its going to destroy normal cash trades but it's probably going to make a dent

For the smaller items, yeah, but the good stuff will probably not make the market transition (either from price limitations, steam wallet limitations, or just straight up overpricing.)

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I just realized something: Instead of needing Steam to withdraw stuff, when you need real cash just take your keys and such out of the market and sell for PayPal, right? Makes everything a ton less risky.

Ehh, you could do that, but you'd be losing some of your profit since keys on the market are around 1.50-1.60 while keys outside of the market typically go for 1.30-1.40 (and even then you risk getting paypal scammed on the keys, so the reduced risk of market trading is sort of irrelevant at that point.)

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ehh, you could do that, but you'd be losing some of your profit since keys on the market are around 1.50-1.60 while keys outside of the market typically go for 1.30-1.40 (and even then you risk getting paypal scammed on the keys, so the reduced risk of market trading is sort of irrelevant at that point.)

Well I'm pretty sure I can normally spot a scammer for one, and another thing is that I still profit if I have money for non-games instead of only steam games.

Peroxide

Uncharitable Spy

or find a friend who wants x game, get them to PayPal you the money then buy it and gift it?

Then you don't lose anything!

The INSTANT weapons can be sold I'm gonna try a dollar a wep <3
Then every other person will list them for .99 then .98 all the way down to .01.

If a ref is .43 cents and it takes 18 weapons to make a ref, .43/18 is .02389 cents/weapon.