Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Making this thread for updates to the map vsh_project_powerup as I noticed it was recently added to the VSH servers, which I'm very grateful for, thanks for the opportunity @Bottiger

The games I've played this map on the servers have been going rather smoothly, the player response has been very positive, the map got extended multiple times and seeing the people enjoy my creation fills me with joy as well.

I noticed that the one game I played that the abilities for spies/engineers/sniper granted by map are very powerful, I'll make nerfs in the next version I will also in the next version (a18) change the map geometry a bit to make more friendly for the boss to get around in.

vsh_project_powerup_a16, the name is currently a placeholder and the map is in it's alpha stages.

This map includes some features which I think people might like, and these are as follows:
  • Custom voice lines for all classes (Battlecry, Cheers, Jeers, Positive, Negative, Spy!)
  • Custom death screams, including ubercharge drops
  • Custom taunt music for the following taunts: Kazotsky Kick, The Didgeridrongo, The Bad Pipes and The Conga
  • Special abilities granted to each class to mix up the gameplay
  • Easter eggs and more

bvTpDwn.jpg

tNdXTWo.jpg

hkuMr8y.jpg
NC0JTHo.jpg

not780q.jpg

sitvbTK.jpg

NrVVcfq.jpg

XDGdoPY.jpg

4YdVPsU.jpg

D3CdG58.jpg

dr8cqON.jpg

HtDL9zf.jpg

Oh by the way @Bottiger, I noticed you used bz2 compression on the map, I forgot to mention that the map is already compressed and doesn't need any other additional compression, I use Valve's bspzip to compress the maps which you can read more about here.https://tf2maps.net/threads/repacking-your-maps.24822/
Also the current version of a17 playing on the server is a bit outdated since it doesn't have the recent changes I added which can be found in this post

https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-a...shotguns-suggestions.72754/page-2#post-726915
It's not a huge deal, update it whenever you got the time to do so.

Reactions: Touric

Keith

Uncharitable Spy
I would vote for removing the instant cloak and decloak and the speed buff, since I mostly play spy on small maps, this is easy to abuse.

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
I would vote for removing the instant cloak and decloak and the speed buff, since I mostly play spy on small maps, this is easy to abuse.
I'm already on it, preparing the next version with nerfs soon.

Reactions: Keith

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
vsh_project_powerup_a18 is now out with the following changes

Engineer/Sniper powerups

• Removed 15% melee damage reduction
  • Reduced movement speed bonus from 23% to 18% (369HU/s <- 354HU/s)

Spy powerups
  • Removed extended melee range
  • Removed movement speed bonus
  • Cloaking speed is returned to default speed, decloaking speed is left alone

Soldier powerups
  • Reduced buff duration bonus to 25% from 50%

Map changes
  • Extended the ceiling inside the capture point buildings so it's not as cramped as before
  • Removed the ability to place buildings on the chimmeys and roof vent props where the second tallest building is on both sides of the map
  • Added 2 more vents near the tall buildings on both RED and BLU side to give the boss another option to reach the roof on the tallest buildings
  • Added a 2 second delay after the vents are used
  • Lowered the volume on round start music by half it's original volume
2056bDj.jpg

GVW0YPc.jpg

6FgHxlM.jpg

r7QWGXP.jpg

Huuwk5a.jpg

These changes were done in a bit of a hurry so let me know if any other problems occur.
Click here to download the map
@Bottiger

Make sure to update the map specific cfg if you decided to use that too, just rename the file to vsh_project_powerup_a18.

Last edited:

Mino✿

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hey, so I've been playing on your map for quite some time these past two days. It's a pretty good map, but there's something I'm not sure about. When this boss called Nepgear was boss, they looked like a blue spy. Nepgear is a sniper. Dunno is this is an easter egg or not, but that was extremely strange. It's never happened before.

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Hey, so I've been playing on your map for quite some time these past two days. It's a pretty good map, but there's something I'm not sure about. When this boss called Nepgear was boss, they looked like a blue spy. Nepgear is a sniper. Dunno is this is an easter egg or not, but that was extremely strange. It's never happened before.

This sounds like a inconsistency bug with the game itself rather than the map which I've experienced before, it happens rarely in regular play and when it does you can fix it by recording a demo and stopping it after.
I think it has to do with lag though I'm not entirely sure.

But anyway, it's interesting and I would like know if you can tell me what server it happened on?
Did it happen multiple times?
Do you have a screenshot of this?

Last edited:

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Updated vsh_project_powerup_a18 to address issues listed in this thread and more.
https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-remove-project-powerup-map.72955/

Engineer/Sniper powerups

• Removed 15% melee damage reduction
  • Reduced movement speed bonus from 23% to 18% (369HU/s <- 354HU/s)

Medic powerups
  • Removed the increased healing boost, it's returned to default state

Demoman powerups
  • Nerfed the sticky bomb arm time, Stickybomb Launcher is 0.4(0.2 previously) seconds, Quickie bomb launcher is 0.2(0 previously) seconds and Scottish resistance is 1.4(1.2 previously) seconds
  • Nerfed charge recharge rate from 100% to 50%

Spy powerups
  • Removed extended melee range
  • Removed movement speed bonus
  • Cloaking speed is returned to default speed, decloaking speed is left alone

Soldier powerups
  • Reduced buff duration bonus to 25% from 50%

Map changes
  • Extended the roof inside the capture point buildings so it's not as cramped as before
  • Removed the ability to place buildings on the chimmeys and roof vent props where the second tallest building is on both sides of the map
  • Added 2 more vents near the tall buildings on both RED and BLU side to give the boss another option to reach the roof on the tallest buildings
  • The cooldown on the vents(jump pads) in the center of the map have been increased to 5 seconds
  • Capture points now take 22 seconds to capture from previously 6 seconds.
  • Added more taunt music, this time for the Mannrobics taunt
  • Hale's spawn door at round start opens and unlocks automatically after 1 second, previously it unlocked at 3 seconds but didn't open the door without the player needing to get close to the door, change was made to prevent confusion and have hale stand in the spawn room for too long and triggering the AFK killer by accident
  • Lowered the volume on round start music by half it's original volume
2056bDj.jpg

GVW0YPc.jpg

6FgHxlM.jpg

r7QWGXP.jpg

Huuwk5a.jpg
@Bottiger

Last edited:

Mino✿

Mildly Menacing Medic
This sounds like a inconsistency bug with the game itself rather than the map which I've experienced before, it happens rarely in regular play and when it does you can fix it by recording a demo and stopping it after.
I think it has to do with lag though I'm not entirely sure.

But anyway, it's interesting and I would like know if you can tell me what server it happened on?
Did it happen multiple times?
Do you have a screenshot of this?
It was Skial's Freak Fortress 2 NY server
It only happened once. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot cause I was busy killing them.
By the way, there's a lot of positive feedback in the server of the map (^:

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
By the way, there's a lot of positive feedback in the server of the map (^:

That's really nice to hear, even though project_powerup_a17 is flawed, people still loved it and that makes me really happy too.
It's a damn shame for it to be removed so quickly after, the forum regulars had a bad first impression which I don't fault them for having that, the map was flawed.
But straight up making a suggestion thread trying to get it removed so quickly after was wrong, I had already made fixes covering for most problems the map had and the map fix wasn't added to the map rotation... sigh, it felt like my posts were getting ignored...
I'm uncertain about the future of the map, will it ever make a comeback? I don't know, @Bottiger decides it's fate.

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Hello again, I'm back with a new version of project_powerup with various improvments and fun stuff!
Please keep me updated if you happen to find regressions or bugs, I'll deal with them as they come in.

• Added 2 small ammo packs on the roofs on both sides of the map where the medium health pack is
  • Ammo packs on the tallest buildings have been removed
  • The height of map skybox has been increased to avoid players hitting the skybox when on the tallest buildings
  • Ambient music has been added to the upgrade stations
  • The open containers on both sides of the map have been repositioned to make it easier to enter them as RED and Boss
  • The team outline "buttons" at RED's spawn have been changed to more clearly show players that they need to get close in order to activate the trigger and get the benefit of seeing player outlines of their teammates or not
  • Fixed some teletrap exploits on the teleporters at the spawns of both teams, thanks to @bonkboy273 for pointing those out
  • Removed 2 chimmey props near the jump pads on the roofs on both sides of the map for more room
  • Fixed some voice lines missing in the soundscripts causing them not to play and throw an error in the console(I think I got them all but let me know if you find any)
  • New voice lines for Soldier, Heavy and Engineer (Battlecry, Cheers, Meleedare, Positive, Negative)

• Changes to the jump pads in the middle of the map
- Jump pads do not launch you to directly to the diagonally opposite jump pad anymore, the destination is slightly offset now
- Boss team now get launched in the same speed as RED team, bosses don't need to strafe as much or use super jump in combination to land consistently on the roofs anymore
- Resized the triggers doing the launching for more accuracy in detecting players to launch

• Changes to the jump pads on the roofs
- Separate cooldowns for each team has been added similar to the jump pads in the middle of the map
- Sprites have been added to notify players when a jump pad is ready to use
- Boss team's jump pad launches bosses higher to more or less guarantee bosses can reach the tallest building on both sides of the map with ease
- Boss team's jump pad has a one second cooldown while RED's stays at 2 seconds

EdHPxFs.jpg

e2ENqwF.jpg

Sr2U60Z.jpg

G1MUVDB.jpg

BmWbDQN.jpg

SbDC9gB.jpg

lFJFrTy.jpg

@Bottiger

By the way Bottiger, is it okay if I may ask for stats of this map if you got any?
Feedback outside what people think of the map would be helpful for making this map as good it can be.

Last edited:

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Hey again, I'm back with more updates to project_powerup!
Please let me know what you think of them and keep me informed if you find any bugs.

Pyro powerups
  • Pyro weapon deployment speed powerup nerfed to 25% from 50%

Engineer powerups
  • Removed 50% increased weapon deployment speed on Engineers

Roof jump pad changes
  • The cooldown has been removed for both teams, jump pads at mid still keep their cooldown at 5 seconds

Taunt music changes
  • Replaced one song from the Kazotsky Kick taunt
  • Added in one more song for the Conga taunt, requested by @Bulluk

Map changes
  • Everything is much brighter as the sun has finally arrived and the rain and clouds has gone away!(Upward lighting with toned down brightness)
  • There's more health and ammo in this iteration than previous ones!
  • Stairs leading to the roofs have been added to make it easier to reach the roofs for both teams
  • Removed the ability to enter the building right to the battlements exit on both sides of the map
  • The terrain at mid has been changed, it's not as flat as before
  • Added 2 new completely open containers at mid with health and ammo inside
  • Moved down the small health/ammo packs at the main capture point entrances to on top of the tables near the entrances
  • The building near the capture points has been made available to enter for everyone
  • Removed different teleport destinations depending on what team the player is on when they use the teleporters at their spawns
  • More easter eggs have been added to the map!

Mission briefing and menu photos
rKVf5pi.jpg

Mid
0VtJcBX.jpg

JEbh6IB.jpg

A bird's eye view
jM1U6L0.jpg

Newly added stairs
eri3R0b.jpg

oHAtOUe.jpg

Partially open containers rotated to face the RED/Boss spawn buildings
hUsNMAl.jpg