Help Me! looking for a way to troubleshoot netwerk

Discussion in 'Technology' started by HowIMetYourMother, Mar 31, 2018.

1. HowIMetYourMother

HowIMetYourMother Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot a slow wifi. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this.
    I'm on a wifi connection, and i think i'm too far away from the router but the signalstenght is always full (?)
    Some things i have noticed:
    -i have a decent download speed (13 Mbps is not the best but it'll do), and my ping is fine too when i test it but when i start up a game or browser it's beyond usable.
    - https://imgur.com/a/nYaoU my send and recieve keep dropping to zero for some reason?

How do i troubleshoot this, or do i just get a powerlan? Any help is welcome.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. ckswarey the adware

ckswarey the adware Face-Melting F2Per

Steam:

What’s your provider for your wi fi

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. chuckwagon

chuckwagon TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

What model router/WAP do you have? Have you checked to see if your wireless adapter needs a driver update?

Another thought- it’s possible you are getting intermittent interference from another electronic device.

4. HowIMetYourMother

-it's called BBOX 2, provided by "belgacom" , one of the main ISP's in belgacom. The drivers are fully up to date
    -How do i check (in a simple manner) if i get interference? I tried some tools like wireshark but knowing nothing about all the terms used i don't really get information because i simply don't understand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. chuckwagon

Steam:

Try changing you router to 802.11g only mode

You will need to telnet into your router.

Code:
    rg_conf_set dev/eth2/wl_ap/wl_dot11_mode "g_only"

6. HowIMetYourMother

It's already on that option, also checked the channels if they don't have interference. Thanks for helping tho!

7. Vodka4Gaben

Vodka4Gaben Gore-Spattered Heavy

Steam:

Or Maybe you could just switch to proximus....

If none of the options suggested work (ofc)

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. chuckwagon

Steam:

Are there other devices that have the same problem too? My first priority would be to try to isolate if the issue is with the router or the computer.

Another thought, are there any firmware upgrades for the router?