• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Today's the big day, I'm ready to appeal my scammer tags.
Im sure some of you remember this picture on the thread that got me tagged
jJLoS.png

How would you even come up with the thought I was trying to scam.
1. What kind of attention whore admin has the tag [ADMIN]
2. if you look Here there isn't even an admin named Luigi there. And If I was trying to scam why the hell wouldn't I change "Admin on the SKial server group"
3. Here's another photo from said thread
jzJv1.png

What good would impersonating Creepin death do me if I was banned from Skial servers over the time this happened. "HEY KID, GIMME YOUR HATS OR I'LL BAN YOU FROM A SERVER YOU AREN'T EVEN ON"

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
All posts here should be completely relevant, anything else is getting deleted. Lazlo, any of your posts that are not directly related to the scammer tag will not be approved.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Why else were you on a trade server pretending to be an admin?
There was a little kid in the server selling crates, who wouldn't shut up after being told by everyone in the server to do so. I changed my name to Luigi and told him to shut up or I'd ban him, he kept talking so I just left.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Edit #2: After being shown the SteamRep definition of "scamming" I'll have to agree on the scammer tag then.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
As a person who didn't know the incident, I can't say its conclusive scamming evidence. However, impersonating an admin is another story. Whether or not it was a joke, he still impersonated an admin for Skial and WA AFAIK.

Then again, I don't know the full story, only what Lazlo has provided. I looked for the original ban thread, couldn't find.
This is about his scammer tag, not about him being banned from skial.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There was a little kid in the server selling crates, who wouldn't shut up after being told by everyone in the server to do so. I changed my name to Luigi and told him to shut up or I'd ban him, he kept talking so I just left.
If you're able, locate that chatlog and post it.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
If you're able, locate that chatlog and post it.
This was back in July, dunno if they still have them. I also think when I told the kid to shut up was on mic.If Rvsz was so determined to report me, he should've joined the server at the time to provide actual evidence. I've been banned from WA servers since July because of this so I cant remember which server it was in to retrieve the chatlog
http://www.gamersrep.com/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?game=Trade
nvm looked up [WA ADMIN] Luigi
There's nothing there http://www.gamersrep.com/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=113426

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This was back in July, dunno if they still have them. I also think when I told the kid to shut up was on mic.If Rvsz was so determined to report me, he should've joined the server at the time to provide actual evidence. I've been banned from WA servers since July because of this so I cant remember which server it was in to retrieve the chatlog
http://www.gamersrep.com/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?game=Trade
nvm looked up [WA ADMIN] Luigi
There's nothing there http://www.gamersrep.com/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=113426
You really need to uncover some sort of solid evidence backing your claims if you're honestly planning on going through with this appeal. Your prosecutors have gathered everything they need to buttfuck you to oblivion; it isn't such a swell idea to go about this underprepared. Plus, you have a good chance of fucking this whole thing up even worse, knowing of your past transgressions.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
You really need to uncover some sort of solid evidence backing your claims if you're honestly planning on going through with this appeal. Your prosecutors have gathered everything they need to buttfuck you to oblivion; it isn't such a swell idea to go about this underprepared. Plus, you have a good chance of fucking this whole thing up even worse, knowing of your past transgressions.
Well for one, the thread I posted above was made in July 27th. Im pretty sure anyone from US21 who was on there when I was can confirm I have a mic. My 'prosecutors" dont have anymore evidence then I do. The alias I made was made for trolling, neither sides have evidence to go against or back up that claim.

Also here's the ban page
http://www.gamerscrib.net/bans/inde...rch=STEAM_0:1:41695325&advType=steamid&Submit

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If Rvsz was so determined to report me ...
I didn't report you, the thread was made in General and just pointed out something I found odd.

By the way you have a scammer tag at WA as well, so you need to pitch the same story to them too if you want to get it removed.

I can't say its conclusive scamming evidence.
Not only scams and attempted scams get people scammer tagged, other things like providing fake reps, trading with marked scammers to help them to clean their items etc etc get it too, it's just an expression. Impersonation with a suspicion of scamming is one of these, look at the known scammers thread how many people have Xel'Naga's name and avatar for example, without any further evidence of an actual scam.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Not only scams and attempted scams get people scammer tagged, other things like providing fake reps, trading with marked scammers to help them to clean their items etc etc get it too, it's just an expression. Impersonation with a suspicion of scamming is one of these, look at the known scammers thread how many people have Xel'Naga's name and avatar for example, without any further evidence of an actual scam.
Its obvious Xel's impersonators seek scams, because Xel isnt even an admin. I impersonated a self-righteous non-existent unoriginal whore. If I were to actually scam anyone, I'd only get some naive retarded F2P with crates.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Please read the steamrep FAQ's

http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

What do the various tags mean?
Here's the breakdown:​
  • SCAMMER - You were found to be guilty of one or many of the following:
    1. Trading with known scammers (see below)
    2. Charge-back or Reversal
    3. Quick-switching items
    4. Receiving the item and not paying
    5. Providing or soliciting fake reputation claims ("fake rep")
    6. Using fake middleman
    7. Impersonating and acting as an imposter
    8. Spycrabbing and then not paying
    9. Accomplice to a scammer (ignorance is not an excuse)
    10. Brokering (selling on behalf of) scammers and scammed items
    11. Hijacking or hacking other traders (also includes phishing)
    12. Alternate account of a tagged scammer
    13. Falsifying evidence to SteamRep
    14. Using game or Steam exploits to profit on trades
    15. Anything that is deemed as deceptive or fraudulent activity by SteamRep admins

We have more than enough right to mark you as a scammer. And so does WA. I do not think we should remove the tag, you were stupid and pretended to be an admin off and on the servers. I don't think anyone would pretend to be an admin off the servers without some intent of doing something.

Yes it may be true we have no proof that you were scamming anyone. No screenshots of trades, chats or anything else. But you have no proof stating you weren't.

This is pretty much a decision based on your word vs proof of you impersonating other admins.Based on your history with skial
http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=lazlo&Submit=

I am not inclined to believe what you say.

Even if you do get untagged, your ban will not be removed.

Reactions: LOLfwappz

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Please read the steamrep FAQ's

http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

We have more than enough right to mark you as a scammer. And so does WA. I do not think we should remove the tag, you were stupid and pretended to be an admin off and on the servers. I don't think anyone would pretend to be an admin off the servers without some intent of doing something.

Yes it may be true we have no proof that you were scamming anyone. No screenshots of trades, chats or anything else. But you have no proof stating you weren't.

This is pretty much a decision based on your word vs proof of you impersonating other admins.Based on your history with skial
http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=lazlo&Submit=

I am not inclined to believe what you say.

Even if you do get untagged, your ban will not be removed.
I understand that the weak evidence you have against me can still fuck me over. But I mean I've had the tags for almost 5 fucking months. Removing my tags won't affect Skial so quit holding a grudge against the old troll me. I've joined a gym now which helped change my attitude. I've lost over 20 pounds over the past 2 months. My behavior in school has been impacted during my road to redemption. I've only been sentenced 2 in-school suspensions compared to last year's 24. I've even given away most of my backpack http://tf2r.com/k6464mw.html. I only have time to play tf2 2 hours daily. I'm tired of being in the trading mood, connecting to a server "OMG A SCAYMER GET AWAY BEFORE YOU REAP THE CRATES OF THE F2PS" and returning to the main menu. I'm done dealing with that shit. 5 months with thin evidence is just bullshit.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Given that there is no evidence of an actual scam or attempt to do so, I'm okay with lowering the tag to a caution. Obviously, impersonating an admin, even an admin that doesn't exist, is something that SR tags for. But since this seems to be more of a troll attempt than scam attempt, I don't think that the full blown scammer tag is necessary.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Given that there is no evidence of an actual scam or attempt to do so, I'm okay with lowering the tag to a caution. Obviously, impersonating an admin, even an admin that doesn't exist, is something that SR tags for. But since this seems to be more of a troll attempt than scam attempt, I don't think that the full blown scammer tag is necessary.
While I agree, I don't know if it'll make a difference because WA most likely won't remove their tag; so he'll still be marked as a scammer unless you know any of the WA admins.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
unless you know any of the WA admins.
Every community have their own appeal process and it's up to them if they remove it or not. Even if Xel naga knows them and would want to interfere (which I doubt) the only thing he can do is link this thread in Lazlo's appeal there.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Every community have their own appeal process and it's up to them if they remove it or not. Even if Xel naga knows them and would want to interfere (which I doubt) the only thing he can do is link this thread in Lazlo's appeal there.
I only barely know HorseDick, but like you said, Lazlo will still have to appeal through their own process.