• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Mildly Menacing Medic
Skial 2Fort, to be specific.

10 minutes in, there's a vote called against me for hacking, and the entire server chat turns into 50% attacking me and 50% defending me. I had Shadowplay running at the time, so here's video footage of the chat.

Like honestly, is there anything done about players who do this here? The entire reason I joined your server today was to get away from this; as I'd just been votekicked twice in a row on Casual for no reason, and was then told that it wouldn't happen on Skial.

And, well, it's not exactly looking any brighter over here right now because of this. Is votekicking people who aren't cheating / claiming normal players are cheating not against the rules?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
And, well, it's not exactly looking any brighter over here right now because of this. Is votekicking people who aren't cheating / claiming normal players are cheating not against the rules?

It's definitely against the rules, and as Ty said, recording a demo (or linking us the Shadowplay) when you play and making a report on the forums will help us punish the vote abusers.

However, we can't do anything about them talking shit towards you in chat because that isn't against the rules.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We have a higher requirement for the number of "Yes" votes that have to go through for you to be banned.

If you have a demo of during the time, then we might be able to review that and punish for votemenu abuse.
If you had posted the raw shadowplay then I would've also considered a punishment for votemenu abuse.

Since you've edited out sections of your video, sped up parts, etc. - we do not consider this solid evidence.
Could you provide the raw, uncut, unedited shadowplay footage from before and after the event?

Bottiger

Administrator
The votes needed to ban someone temporarily on our servers is 90%. I am sure this is a lot higher than the votekick on casual.

I also found this to be interesting, not that I am suggesting anything.

9lAf7WV.png

User

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I guess you're too legendary at the game for them and they're shit players themselves.

Mildly Menacing Medic
I also found this to be interesting, not that I am suggesting anything.

Hours are from Singleboostr. Here's the Steam group in relation to it, and here's a random user from the group who has 7,000 hours in the past two weeks.

I started using it when creating this Steam account (as my original one is much older), since I was constantly getting kicked from L4D lobbies for low hours. Eventually realized you could idle multiple games at once, which is why it's an "impossible" amount.

Lots of my profile stats on websites aren't what they're meant to be, if you're doing some investigating on my username. My profile here is a prime example.

Last edited: