Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
I am gunna backtrack like fuck and go back to the whole refined inflation.

I don't consider it as a general inflation, but a deflation of the refined value.

If you consider Metal, Keys, bills as different currencies, Keys being the "standard", the only thing that happened is that the metal value decreased. The ratio of Keys to bills bills to buds buds to keys is still the same, the only change was the value in refined. If you do not mess with any metal trades your trading life doesn't change.

I could thinking of this the wrong way, and correct me if I am, but i just feel that there isn't an inflation, as much as a decline in metal value.
Indeed. In order for the price to go up, something must have lost value, thus requiring more than usual to obtain. Now if it was lowering in price, something below it must have raised in value.

Such a complicated economy TF2 has become, what I'd kill to be throwing nails and grenade spam instead of wearing some fancy hat. What happened to the good ol TF game?

sov

Legendary Skial King
This is why I hate trading, traders and the economy world as a whole. -_______- Back then it wasn't so bad...but today, 2013...n-no, just NO!
I love trading, it just you have to spreadsheet everything because one days its 2.33 the next day its 3.55 and theres people that price things wrong and with prices that are not in teh spreadsheets.

Wrath

I love trading, it just you have to spreadsheet everything because one days its 2.33 the next day its 3.55 and theres people that price things wrong and with prices that are not in teh spreadsheets.
What gets me is that no matter how fancy a guy's hat is, it's not going to help you from stopping me from kicking your ass.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126531697

Another thing is...seriously, nearly one hundred thousand dollars, spent on a virtual hat, that no one around you except your friends and people on the server you play with in TF2 will see...?
So technically the price of metal in general just went down.
I blame the thousands of Alternative Accounts. Plus, the stat's are a good thing to look at. http://stats.tf2finance.com/

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I blame the thousands of Alternative Accounts.

Yup, metal farmers are the ones that are making the price of metal drop, it's sad and interesting at the same time that the more metal they make the less value they'll get from it.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Keys are not going up in price they have been pretty stable for a while and if anything they are going down in price. The thing is metal is loosing a lot of its value. There is just so much of it (inflation)

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Someone should buy a fuck-ton of keys and then sell them all on outpost for 2.55 People would then be forced to lower prices.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
then everyone will buy the keys for 2.55 then sell for 3.88
But then again if you think about it if we get enough people doing that then other people will look at the 3.88 and think hell no why would I want to buy keys at 3.88 when there are a bunch of people who are selling them for 2.55 over there.

But then again the tf2 community has become increasingly stupid since the 2012 Halloween update. (Face Palm) I swear people don't think when they trade they are just in so much of a dam hurry to buy that stupid looking hat they will pay just about any thing or there whole backpack just to get it.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
but no one would sell for 2.55 when they could easily get 3.66-3.88
Exactly but I might have an example for you that will show you some of what I was thinking.

Ok we have two people one named Billy and the other named Fred. They both were in the business of selling tf2 keys but they both had a specific price they wanted for them. Billy wanted 2.55 ref for one key and Fred wanted 3.88 ref for a key and they both had the same amount of keys (20) and time to sell those keys (One week). well at the end of the week we can see that Billy who sold keys at 2.55 ref is sold out. Now we take a look at Fred and we see that he still has 15 keys. What we find out is as a provider of a product that people want rely bad they will practically throw there scrap at the person who is selling keys cheaper than the other guy. Also since the price of keys are the exact same in the mann co store and $1.49 on pay pal Billy was able to re stock and sell even more keys that Fred ever would have.

Now lets do the math.

Over a weeks time Billy sold keys for 2.55 and Fred sold them for 3.88

Billy sold all 20 of his keys giving him a total of 51 refined give or take.

Fred sold 5 of his keys giving him a total of 19.44 refined give or take.

Billy was able to make more profit than Fred and was also able to re stock on keys even before the end of week 2.

I could keep going on and on about this but I hope you could see what I am trying to get at.

Wrath

Keys are not going up in price they have been pretty stable for a while and if anything they are going down in price. The thing is metal is loosing a lot of its value. There is just so much of it (inflation)
Didn't we already come up to that conclusion, like 5 posts ago?
and no one would actually go and sell for 2.55
Actually you're wrong.
WTF Keys!?!?!?
He sold around 2.77, but I've seen some 2.33 trades. Takes some serious negotiations.

Keys in TF2 is srs buisness. :confused: