Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I feel this should be on the rules list, even though it is kinda in there in the sense of Jailbreak.

I think it should be made clearer, even though it links with the fact that a guard shouldn't kill somebody unless they know they've done something.

To add to the guards rules:
  • A prisoner remains innocent if they were not in a guard's line of sight while committing the offense. (If a another prisoner tells you somebody is KOS you may not kill them unless you or another guard saw them do it)

Edit: Spelling corrections.
Also if anybody has any improvements to this suggestion feel free to post, this may not even pass but I'm interested in seeing what people think.

Last edited:

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
*What if you see in the kill feed, that someone has killed a guard?
(don't seem to be able to edit my post)

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
-1 If someone is observant enough, they'd notice that someone is rebelling via kill feed. It puts the guards at a disadvantage to ignore the kill feed and see the rest of their team get picked off by a Sniper simply because they "didn't see them do it". If a prisoner is helping the guards by telling them what another prisoner is doing, wouldn't that be griefing?

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I would think so since the prisoner would be playing against their role.
and if the prisoner is informing the guards (whether truthfully or otherwise) in order to do something without the guards becoming the wiser?

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
I would think so since the prisoner would be playing against their role.
It might not be, since making sure the guards (and the warden, specially) live might be their objective so that they get the LR. Rebelling is not the only option.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
-1 If someone is observant enough, they'd notice that someone is rebelling via kill feed. It puts the guards at a disadvantage to ignore the kill feed and see the rest of their team get picked off by a Sniper simply because they "didn't see them do it". If a prisoner is helping the guards by telling them what another prisoner is doing, wouldn't that be griefing?

Damn I should have added killfeed counts as LOS.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wait people still play jailbreak? I dont really think changing the rules mean anything in jail break anyway, hell I dont think rules matter to anyone who plays jail break in the first place. -1 mostly because I dont see a point to change it and enforce another rule, I dont see jailbreak being popular enough anymore to do things like this, just seems like way more work for the admins.

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
When I'm a guard, I often respond to thing I see and hear. Listening is as important seeing. I can often hear someone breaking into the armory or doing something they aren't supposed to be doing, and act accordingly. I don't believe limiting a guard's ability to reacting with only one sense is ideal or realistic.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
When I'm a guard, I often respond to thing I see and hear. Listening is as important seeing. I can often hear someone breaking into the armory or doing something they aren't supposed to be doing, and act accordingly. I don't believe limiting a guard's ability to reacting with only one sense is ideal or realistic.
if you hear someone enter the Armory, wouldn't you see them still in the Armory if you got there quick enough? aren't REDs in the Armory KoS unless allowed by the Warden?

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
if you hear someone enter the Armory, wouldn't you see them still in the Armory if you got there quick enough? aren't REDs in the Armory KoS unless allowed by the Warden?
Yes, but I can hear someone breaking into it (e.g. the breakable walls on top of or inside of Minecart's armory, the grates in Casuarina, the top/side entrance in MLCastle). I often hear someone breaking in before I see them do so.