• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Is a particular Jailbreak Admin deterring and ruining the Jailbreak experience for players?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lit

Mildly Menacing Medic
It has been evident that Jailbreak, a game mode on skial servers, has been dwindling in player numbers and size for quite a while now. Many people absolutely love Jailbreak because of how casual and relaxed the game mode typically is. However, due to a certain admin, this relaxing game mode has been ruined for many, if not all of jailbreak players. Team Fortress 2 is dying, no doubt, but all new incoming players are discouraged when this admin assigns harsh punishments for people that have never played this game mode before and are harshly punished when they accidentally break a rule. Is this where we are as a community? When this admin gets onto the server, many people simply leave rather than play with them because it's getting to the point where it's just not fun anymore. This is a big problem and I will not simply witness it destroy fun for many players, and I ask that you do the same.

Thank you for your time,
lit ona canoe

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is pretty funny honestly.

It has been evident that Jailbreak, a game mode on skial servers, has been dwindling in player numbers and size for quite a while now.
For numerous reasons, yes.

However, due to a certain admin, this relaxing game mode has been ruined for many, if not all of jailbreak players. Team Fortress 2 is dying, no doubt, but all new incoming players are discouraged when this admin assigns harsh punishments for people that have never played this game mode before and are harshly punished when they accidentally break a rule.
Give example situations in which people have been harshly punished.

No one has given any actual examples of instances in which people are unfairly punished.

It is worth mentioning that there are only 2 admins who play/enforce the rules on Jailbreak.
Jailbreak was dead for a long time, me starting to admin and the rule rewrites actually increased population.
Previously it had been a long time since the server was well populated, since I have been admin it has neared 23+ multiple times.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If people have legitimate grievances going on with how Jailbreak is being handled, can we please 1) stay on topic and 2) refrain from shitposting?

And does anyone here have proof that Luke is being actively toxic to the community, or are we going to sling accusations around?

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
If people have legitimate grievances going on with how Jailbreak is being handled, can we please 1) stay on topic and 2) refrain from shitposting?

And does anyone here have proof that Luke is being actively toxic to the community, or are we going to sling accusations around?
How does one "refrain from shitposting"?

Niko27

Mildly Menacing Medic
lit ona canoe never mentioned you specifically, so are you admitting to being a bad admin?

Reactions: lit

Plants10000

Mildly Menacing Medic
Super true. For months Jailbreak has been nothing but a wasteland due to the small amount of players. My biggest problem in Jailbreak has and will always be its admins. While yes i understand that they do their job, which is to properly punish people, i feel that in alot of cases that power is abused. Theres alot of cases of this,but one that comes to my mind 1st is this one:

One day, August to be exact, i was playing music and having fun with others on JB, when Luke came. He asked me to stop, but i told him that everyone, which by everyone = ALL OF THE SERVER (except him at that moment) was cool with me playing music. I did it again as part of a joke, and muted FOR A MONTH. Usually Mutes dont get as far as 1 month for just "spam" like this/that. Yes, he told me to stop, but everyone was cool with me doing that. He sometimes even mutes, kicks or flat out BANS without warning. Luke is EXTREMELY Strict, and while yes i see why, i think it shouldnt be as much as it is.

Pedro The Fabulous, on the other hand, is much more calmer, at least from what ive seen. He usually gives 1 or 2 warnings before banning, muting or kicking, something which Luke doesnt do often. Something i see in Pedro is that he isnt as strict as Luke. Of course if its a serious case he will get strict, but otherwise he isnt as serious or strict as Luke.

Honestly, TheMiningAlex could do a FAR better job as an Admin than Luke. Alex knows the rules of JB (and Skial in general) extremely well, as well as warning just like Pedro before Reporting. If i could give someone admin, it would be him.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
One day, August to be exact, i was playing music and having fun with others on JB, when Luke came. He asked me to stop, but i told him that everyone, which by everyone = ALL OF THE SERVER (except him at that moment) was cool with me playing music. I did it again as part of a joke, and muted FOR A MONTH. Usually Mutes dont get as far as 1 month for just "spam" like this/that. Yes, he told me to stop, but everyone was cool with me doing that. He sometimes even mutes, kicks or flat out BANS without warning. Luke is EXTREMELY Strict, and while yes i see why, i think it shouldnt be as much as it is.

We are not required to give any warnings, but we do.
You were warned because you were not playing music - you were playing random YouTube videos/meme clips.
We only allow music on the servers (and this is left up to a server vote), you were not silenced for purely playing music.

Honestly, TheMiningAlex could do a FAR better job as an Admin than Luke. Alex knows the rules of JB (and Skial in general) extremely well, as well as warning just like Pedro before Reporting. If i could give someone admin, it would be him.

I would love for him to apply.
He's already listed in the rules as someone we trust.

Niko27

Mildly Menacing Medic
#BringD3xusBack when u banned me for a month he said it was too much and u didnt care

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
You were warned because you were not playing music - you were playing random YouTube videos/meme clips.
We only allow music on the servers (and this is left up to a server vote), you were not silenced for purely playing music..

I think the point is nobody on the server was bothered by it or complained yet you still muted them.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think the point is nobody on the server was bothered by it or complained yet you still muted them.

That's not how our rules work, you should know that.

It doesn't matter if people are bothered by someone breaking the rules, it is a rule break.

Status
Not open for further replies.