Zeiss

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I want a computer that doesn't need to run team fortress in DX8 mode, and I guess I'm building it if that makes it less costly. Also I have no idea about building a PC, but I can order parts from a nearby workplace that isn't Officemax.

I have some knowledge about performance of Nvidia graphics cards, and hopefully a 600 series and cheap can fit in the same sentence.

Also jump for the 3D vision if it'll fit into the budget that I need to come up with

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Being serious though, the GeForce GTX 600 Series is not cheap at all. Just a GTX 550 TI is around $100-$150

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If it's for gaming, go budget on everything and put all your money into a GTX 690.

A friend of mine has a 680 limitied edition (3GB)...
:megusta:

Irish

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I disagree with all the talk about the GPU. I updated my rig because of BF3 and the CPU usage. If you get a nice card but don't have a decent CPU its all for naught. TF2 is not a killer with a GPU.

If you from the US go to www.newegg.com and buy the rig in my sig. That will get you playing on high settings and leave you room to upgrade down the road.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
660 is coming out soon, should drop prices a little bit. AMD is good for budget as well.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Well I'm guessing Zombie went ahead and ordered that Gaming Laptop off of Amazon already, so this thread is all good. GTX 675M is really nice for a laptop, so congrats.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm going to build a rig when my custom laptop can't run new games anymore.