Kaleido

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Summary:
Items Plugin Bug
Details:
Plugin is forcing random loadouts upon you, likely ones OTHER people created.
2fort + US 1​

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
So let me get this straight

If say my loadout has a burning TC and someone else has a schorching flames soliders stash that we might glitch and switch loadouts?

Bottiger

Administrator
I just went on the server and my loadout is correct. I asked if anyone else had this problem and they said no.

Kaleido

Contributor
Validating my game then trying to recreate for footage purposes because I'm not having any load outs at this point, not even my own standard one.

Kaleido

Contributor
Well fuck me, now I can't see any hats at all. Everything else in anyones loadout shows BUT hats and I've rebooted and validated yet I'm the only one with the issue so I'll chalk it up to a me thing.

Kaleido

Contributor
You turned that off yourself. It is in the menu.
I haven't turned anything off, ever. I was playing earlier no problems, reconnected after I had to step away, came back and all hats were gone. Then in the same play session body parts went missing. Bloop has the same problem. I thought, maybe it's my GPU, maybe we both have the same GPU and need a driver update. Nope, not the case. Idk what it is but I'm not inclined to care right now. It's TF2, shit happens. I thought maybe it was the plugin, but if that is working fine for everyone else than it probably is just TF2 being TF2.

Edit: You meant the item menu, and yes, I'm fucking retarded. However, I had body parts missing and loadouts still missing.

Bottiger

Administrator
I looked at the database for your loadout, and you have items in loadout 1 but you selected loadout 2, so they won't show up of course.

Bl❤❤P

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I also have visual glitches. On some random players, heads , legs or even the whole torso are missing.

Bl❤❤P

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I thought that would only hide the hat effects, wich make it harder to get headshots. Oh well ty for clearing that up.

Kaleido

Contributor
So aside from us bot being dumbasses, it doesn't solve the random "Wearing everyone elses loadouts" problem. I'll record it when I can get it to reproduce, until then.

Edit: Footage acquired.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
I thought that would only hide the hat effects, wich make it harder to get headshots. Oh well ty for clearing that up.

No it hides all wearables because people were complaining about fps loss. Some items remove the default head, so when it gets hidden, they become headless. There's no way to show a default head to players that have that options enabled. There's no way to just hide particles to some players either.

Edit: Footage acquired.

I don't get it, what is the issue here? You have items from your real loadout stacked with items from our !items menu. If you don't want them to stack, you have to remove them. Our item plugin doesn't remove stacking items.

Kaleido

Contributor
I never put them on, it's assigning me a random loadout someone else used. I have NEVER put !items on for my spy, but it assigned me someone elses random loadout. Literally the bug I stated in my OP

Bottiger

Administrator
You must have used the plugin to equip those items. I don't see how it would be possible for you to get someone else's loadout.

If you don't want the items then just remove them.

Kaleido

Contributor
I literally never used !items on my spy, and I am not the only person who has had other peoples loadouts forced onto them. That is the whole purpose of this fucking report, to tell you that it happens. Now you know. I'm leaving it there, maybe someone else will report the same thing when it happens to them because you clearly think I'm pulling this out of my ass.