Internet Speed Question?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by JohnnyGaloshes, Apr 9, 2019.

1. JohnnyGaloshes

JohnnyGaloshes Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

I am seriously considering getting a new home that is outside a city, and i can only get "rural internet" that advertises up to 25mb/s download and since i am only a few miles from a city i don't think it will be difficult to get the advertised speed. However, i have 2 sons that game constantly on Xbox 360, the wife watches netflix and i game when i am home on my PC.

I been doing research that says gaming will be just fine as long as i get a good ping, and streaming under 4k (Which we never do 4k) will be just fine all together. I understand that download speeds will suffer for torrents so i would do that late at night to avoid using all the bandwidth.

I don't know much about networking so any help would be appreciated.

2. Antamania

Antamania Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

You should be fine. I had 3 people streaming movies/shows at the same time while I was playing Smite in my old condo at 10 mb. Never had any stutters or problems. I'd double check to make sure the company you're going with doesn't have a bandwidth limit though, that's the cancer I'd be concerned about.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice