worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
Most modern maps should have speed lanes when they are necessary. And if they have a 1 vs All fight, they should have built-in health or ability buffs for the activator.

Giving the activator blanket enhancements is a slippery slope. Aside from the fact it could interfere with any balancing built into a map, it makes it harder for mappers to create things that will work well on all servers, because each server could be doing something different.

If there are older maps where some balancing is definitely needed, then it's possible to change things only for that map.

n3onxlpmitgurken

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I'd usually say +1 but in this case I say -1.

I say this because the last time Hale got his fast speed, it didn't turn out well. This proofed it whenever spinner or parkour was chosen. Either the Hale is overall bad enough, or the Hale is just too fast, which almost always was the case as far as I am concerned. The Hale simply always would get too fast and run off the platform, this is because of the timing.

Most modern maps should have speed lanes when they are necessary.
This is a great idea, but you can take a pretty good guess how that ages. Most maps of skial are either very old, or very new.

If there are older maps where some balancing is definitely needed, then it's possible to change things only for that map.

Almost to none of them have this Feature. So changing everyone individually so that a single skial server can play on it without problems is a pretty huge pain in the ass. Not to notice, this wasn't the only problem (talking about the trigger_hurt that was fucked too).