Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
1) Add a warning that misusing the votemenu system will result in a ban. Like so:
Oj8CAWl.png

2) The "Cancel waiting for players" option needs a rework. Currently it doesn't work, people many times trigger a vote for this, preventing other votes from being made. It should either be fixed or removed completely.

3) Add a "No Vote" option. Many players mindlessly vote for Yes just to get the menu off their screen. The server should count the vote percent by Yes Votes / Total Votes and not Yes Votes / Number of Players (if it doesn't do so already).
Nbb6iZw.png

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
1) I doubt people that are about to voteabuse will read it, but it might deter some people in the future. +1
2) AFAIK it works. It is used to instantly stop the period of time when a new map is loaded that says "waiting for players", but is rarely ever used. After this time, the option should be changed to be hidden, instead of still show in the votemenu.
3) I thought it was yes votes/total votes already.
Im not sure about the no vote option though, as pressing "no" should do the same, so it could just be renamed.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
2) The "Cancel waiting for players" option needs a rework. Currently it doesn't work

You know what its used for right? Arena mode requires a certain amount of players before anyone can spawn in. It's for when the server only has like 2-3 people on it, they can use that votemenu option to spawn themselves in without having to wait for more players

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Abusing the votemenu counts as a silence, not a ban.

Otherwise, yeah. A warning might help deter some vote abuse. Any little bit helps. +
iy88kk4.png
on that idea.

I don't know about your other two so I'll just wait and see what people say.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
1) Add a warning that misusing the votemenu system will result in a ban. Like so:
Players are meant to read the rules before playing and unfortunately, I don't think anyone does, so I like this (to reflect the same as the /report command), so +1

2) The "Cancel waiting for players" option needs a rework. Currently it doesn't work, people many times trigger a vote for this, preventing other votes from being made. It should either be fixed or removed completely.
You know what its used for right? Arena mode requires a certain amount of players before anyone can spawn in. It's for when the server only has like 2-3 people on it, they can use that votemenu option to spawn themselves in without having to wait for more players
Is there a way to make the plugin detect the game mode and only show the option of it's on arena? Otherwise, this command isn't broken so +0

3) Add a "No Vote" option. Many players mindlessly vote for Yes just to get the menu off their screen. The server should count the vote percent by Yes Votes / Total Votes and not Yes Votes / Number of Players (if it doesn't do so already).
Sure... though as a secondary idea, could we get a better explanation message in the chat? Perhaps after a vote ends, a message saying "Vote option ["yes/no"] won with [yesvotes:novotes], [playerpercent]% of people voted" ?

If this suggestion does get implemented, could I also request that Bottiger or whoever actually re-writes the code take this time to transfer the voting system from using numbers over to using the function keys? Perhaps even write the code in a way which makes it easier to update in the future, perhaps.