๖ۣۜRumX

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Frequently, on the Saxton server, you get these afk hales or hales-who-let-you-farm-for-damage-then-disconnect-or-slay-themselves
I find this quite annoying and people this way receive unfair advantage over others if they're some high damage fast class.
My idea is to make afking/fake afking slayable, because recently I've noticed that admins don't seem to take action on these moments. Or if you didn't do anything with your keyboard within 5-10 seconds you lose health/get slain.
This might or might not be a good idea, it's just that it's... Really annoying if damage is farmed like this, this may possibly help combat friendlying as well.
(My first thread involving suggestions so open for constructive criticism and flaming)

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Back when I used to play VSH I always slayed afk hales so +1.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I thought admins already slayed afk hales? I like the idea of losing health if you afk in spawn at least. AFK Hales are very annoying on maps with hard to reach spawns.

๖ۣۜRumX

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
The thing about voteslay is that due to the fact that people are greedy damage farmers they first ignore the slay, and then vote yes so that the person either gets lucky and dies before round starts or during round beginning. Or they just vote no. RARELY, the hale actually gets slayed.

Last edited:

Umity

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
How do you judge the difference between afk and fake afk? Being fake afk is much different from actually being afk. Fake afks are actually playing the game. By fake afk I'm assuming you mean hales that pretend to be afk and kill players as soon as they come near him, correct me if I am wrong.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How do you judge the difference between afk and fake afk? Being fake afk is much different from actually being afk. Fake afks are actually playing the game. By fake afk I'm assuming you mean hales that pretend to be afk and kill players as soon as they come near him, correct me if I am wrong.
No, you're right.

Unless there's a way to determine who's fake afk and actually afk, I'm gonna say -1.

scrb

+/-0
Usually AFK hales get killed quickly, so by the time an admin types in the slay command, the hale may of already died. If it is a hard to reach spawn, then +1.
For non-AFK hales that just don't wanna play, will +1, but ONLY if hales can suicide right at the start of their round (as right now you have to wait 30 seconds before you can kill yourself, and just letting RED kill you is faster). And before you tell me that you can reset queue points, you don't get alerted if you just joined or it is the first round.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1. I'd actually just enforce a automatic slay if the hale does not move within the first 15 seconds.

You may initiate a voteslay, but 75% of the server pop is gonna vote no because that way they can point-farm and work up the custom charts.

Umity

I'd also like to bring up that AFK hale's usually die within the first 15-30 seconds of the round. So by the time a vote starts to slay the hale, the round is already over.

Maybe when the server tells the player that they are hale next, have option number 2 reset the player's queue points back to zero. And if the player doesn't respond to this popup when the current hale dies, reset the player's queue points back to zero.

Bottiger

Administrator
Maybe when the server tells the player that they are hale next, have option number 2 reset the player's queue points back to zero. And if the player doesn't respond to this popup when the current hale dies, reset the player's queue points back to zero.

I don't see the point, if they miss the pop up or say they aren't ready then they aren't going to be hale next turn.

Zeek

Some afk hales die within the first 30 seconds of the round, but sometimes they will get launched and bounced and can take a good 2 minutes or more of chasing around the map which gets really boring if we have 2-3 afkers in a row (military + demoknights). I've never seen a voteslay pass against an afk hale that isn't in an unreachable place and even then it's hard for them to pass because people either vote no or mistakenly vote no, not to mention that if you get another afk hale the next round, you cant re voteslay because of the cooldown.

As for the fake AFKs, how about pressing rage (e) to reset the autoslay counter? You wouldn't waste the rage because you don't have it and you'd be free to pretend to afk... idk why tho.

I don't see the point, if they miss the pop up or say they aren't ready then they aren't going to be hale next turn.
I'm lost, does this mean it's already a feature to not be hale next round if you don't accept the "you're gonna be hale next" popup?