Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
how about 30 second or 1 minute? 15 second is so short you might as well change nothing
and on the other hand the rtd plugin really needs to be changed to the regular version and the jetpack command really should be changed to just slightly levitating instead of the current mach speed one
15 seconds keeps the plugin usable and trust me when I say that would immediately stop the infinite ammo spam in most situations.
A cool-down on gimme plugin means they can't spam infinite rockets or pull out any weapon they want on-the-fly. The weapon spam is purposeful by multiple donors. I get it, it's fun for you choking a spawn door with rockets for 30 minutes straight, but its not fun or fair for anyone who dares wants to play on the server and doesn't want to idle in spawn.

Also, for specific people here, stop context-snipping and rage baiting OP because you don't like his suggestion, if you want to contest the suggestion, provide some merit as to why they're bad ideas, any crap other than I'm deleting and issuing warns if necessary.

ape 8118

Banned
15 seconds keeps the plugin usable and trust me when I say that would immediately stop the infinite ammo spam in most situations.
A cool-down on gimme plugin means they can't spam infinite rockets or pull out any weapon they want on-the-fly. The weapon spam is purposeful by multiple donors. I get it, it's fun for you choking a spawn door with rockets for 30 minutes straight, but its not fun or fair for anyone who dares wants to play on the server and doesn't want to idle in spawn.

Also, for specific people here, stop context-snipping and rage baiting OP because you don't like his suggestion, if you want to contest the suggestion, provide some merit as to why they're bad ideas, any crap other than I'm deleting and issuing warns if necessary.
that would be a good solution
keep gimme commands fun but not broken
on the other hand the jetpack command should totally have some changes as well.

yansi

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
10 minute cool-down on Gimme, you may as well not have it.

I say 15 second cool down

This should help with reducing the spawn camps while still keeping the main purpose of /gimme.

+1 to 15 second cooldown

Keres

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Even without cooldown you need at least 5 donors on the same team to actually keep a spawncamp going for 30 minutes
>1 engie to set up spawn tele
>Preferably 1 or more donor heavies
>1 donor to prevent spies
>1 or morebackburner or phlog pyros
>1 engineer to manage the farming lane to prevent escapees

simply skill issue

gala

Contributor
Even without cooldown you need at least 5 donors on the same team to actually keep a spawncamp going for 30 minutes
>1 engie to set up spawn tele
>Preferably 1 or more donor heavies
>1 donor to prevent spies
>1 or morebackburner or phlog pyros
>1 engineer to manage the farming lane to prevent escapees

simply skill issue
Gmfg1kr.png

• Wow
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

KingOfLee

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
-gimme plugin should have a 10 minute cooldown between uses to prevent abuse
-implement the rtd system every other server have instead of the one we are currently using that can only be used by one user at a time
-jetpack commands should have way less velocity

I almost just wrote an entire essay about how bad his recommendations are and how much of a troll he is, but tbh. He doesn't deserve it, so have this

Attachments

• image_2022-08-09_233717006.png
    image_2022-08-09_233717006.png
    316.8 KB · Views: 71

Behemoth

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I get it, it's fun for you choking a spawn door with rockets for 30 minutes straight, but its not fun or fair for anyone who dares wants to play on the server and doesn't want to idle in spawn.
This sounds more like a Map design issue rather than the plugin

• Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe

Behemoth

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
so decline or

well even though the trade server map is bad the plugin is the main issue
Both Trade and Idle maps have no objective gameplay. I still don't understand why you're blaming the plugin, Do you play on Trade to trade or to have your "casual" gameplay?

• Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe

gala

Contributor
Constant barrage of direct hits is pretty ridiculous and I can see why new players wouldn't want to deal with that and just go find another server. Which is why Jerma's suggestion of a 15 second cooldown sounds reasonable to me as it retains the usefulness of the gimme command while not making it unbearable for everyone else

Reactions: RenZ