GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Spawncamping is a big problem on the idle server. usually 1 or 2 donors will be standing by your door, spamming infinite rockets. I think a way to still allow donors to have OP weapons but not spawncamp with them is by making the interior of the spawn rooms explosive proof. This is probably hard to code, but something like the engineer's short circuit were it dissolves explosives that are spammed in. Another idea is simply giving godmode to players in spawn until they leave. Donors will still be allowed to spam outside of spawn, but this is something.

Reactions: mcg

ThCanadianMoose

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1

I find it easier to have a system to put doors or maybe an invisible wall for spawn rooms to block out
rockets that kill you instantly. It’ll be easier to get out of spawn without getting killed constantly in spawn when you’re trying to get out

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
The map is designed around it, I will not change it. You have more than one way out of spawn

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I've been in the server a few times and it's pretty easy to get out of spawn or kill the person who is spawn camping.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Spawncamping is a big problem on the idle server. usually 1 or 2 donors will be standing by your door, spamming infinite rockets. I think a way to still allow donors to have OP weapons but not spawncamp with them is by making the interior of the spawn rooms explosive proof. This is probably hard to code, but something like the engineer's short circuit were it dissolves explosives that are spammed in. Another idea is simply giving godmode to players in spawn until they leave. Donors will still be allowed to spam outside of spawn, but this is something.

Your reaction to the spawncamping is the prime reason it happens. Also it's a fucking idle server, there's no objectives.

stick

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The map is designed around it, I will not change it. You have more than one way out of spawn
YOU BITCH! THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY OUT WHEN THEY HAVE 3 LVL 3's AND 7 PHLOG PYROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Isn't idle a server you're just supposed to be afk on? Why on earth do ya'll care that there's spawncamping? You're not even supposed to be doing anything on it.

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
because people do stuff on it I guess? I don't really care much for it anymore.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
and that's a best-case scenario. you don't want to know how much is added when a squeaker is camped

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I don't even want to imagine that. I don't really agree with "if you ignore them they will stop" It's like telling a kid who's being bullied to ignore it. It never works.

Last edited: