• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

St3ve

Scarcely Lethal Noob
to make moderation of sprays easier maybe make it so that you need to have more than (x) amount of time on skial servers before others can see your spray.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
to make moderation of sprays easier maybe make it so that you need to have more than (x) amount of time on skial servers before others can see your spray.

That wouldn't help the least bit since you can just leave an account idling in a server, then go spray swastikas/gore/CP/ etc.
There's people that generate hundreds of bot accounts a day idling for hundreds-thousands of hours to appear more legitimate.

St3ve

Scarcely Lethal Noob
That wouldn't help the least bit since you can just leave an account idling in a server, then go spray swastikas/gore/CP/ etc.
There's people that generate hundreds of bot accounts a day idling for hundreds-thousands of hours to appear more legitimate.
but not everyone knows how to create large numbers of idle bot accounts tho, and the people who just idle with one account would have to wait like 100 hours in between spray trolling after they got banned.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
but not everyone knows how to create large numbers of idle bot accounts tho, and the people who just idle with one account would have to wait like 100 hours in between spray trolling after they got banned.

You don't even need bot accounts, just leave an account running 24/7. Leaving sprays off is best.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
but leaving an account running takes time, and you could have something to detect if someone is idling
Your idea would not work. Even if we did do the cooldown, they can evade it on alts and bans did not stop people from posting awful shit. Sprays aren't coming back, owner stated so and most people agree with him on the decision.

Reactions: Praetorian

JuzoBot

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
but leaving an account running takes time, and you could have something to detect if someone is idling
Idling is allowed in the Trade and IDLE servers, this would just be making more problems. The reason sprays aren't getting re-enabled even if the exploit gets/ or is patched, it wastes moderators time and also subjecting them to potentially horrid imagery.

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
I believe Sprays were disabled because they could trigger your anti virus or be malicious, something along those lines.

Not because of the NSFW stuff even though definitely some of that should be moderated

St3ve

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Your idea would not work. Even if we did do the cooldown, they can evade it on alts and bans did not stop people from posting awful shit. Sprays aren't coming back, owner stated so and most people agree with him on the decision.
I heard that the reason behind sprays being removed was due to the difficulty of moderating them so i thought id give an idea to make moderation easier. also when it comes to dealing with alts, couldn't you ip ban or hardware ban them?

• Dumb
Reactions: Metroidz

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I heard that the reason behind sprays being removed was due to the difficulty of moderating them so i thought id give an idea to make moderation easier. also when it comes to dealing with alts, couldn't you ip ban or hardware ban them?

1. Difficulty moderating
2. Exposes people to abhorrent imagery.
3. Exploits.
4. Ability to bypass mutes.
5. Waste of time to moderate.

They are never going to come back ever, not even in official valve servers.

JuzoBot

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
It doesn't exactly make moderation easier, as someone else stated on here. The easy option is to keep them disabled full stop.

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Sprays would be extremely hard to ever moderate. Myself and many others have seen some extremely awful things being sprayed on maps. Its best if they remain disabled.

St3ve

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Idling is allowed in the Trade and IDLE servers, this would just be making more problems. The reason sprays aren't getting re-enabled even if the exploit gets/ or is patched, it wastes moderators time and also subjecting them to potentially horrid imagery.
couldn't you automate the process, and i know bots are not perfect, but isnt that what ban appeals are for, hell i would be willing to make the bot myself as i really enjoyed the more relaxed spray rules on skial.

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
couldn't you automate the process, and i know bots are not perfect, but isnt that what ban appeals are for, hell i would be willing to make the bot myself as i really enjoyed the more relaxed spray rules on skial.
there is still the spray exploits which you failed to acknowledge, as i said nsfw sprays arent the reason sprays were disabled it was because of the explotits

St3ve

Scarcely Lethal Noob
there is still the spray exploits which you failed to acknowledge, as i said nsfw sprays arent the reason sprays were disabled it was because of the explotits
this is assuming that valve does something about the exploit, but that aside, one of the main things that was brought up was that it wastes moderator time/ traumatizes them with horrid imagery.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
but isnt that what ban appeals are for,
As previous posters stated before, there are some gamers who like nothing better than to exploit the "spray" opportunity to post imagery that will cause those individuals to beg for a reduction/pardons for their irresponsible behavior. It's those individuals that cause the rest of us to lose the "privilege" of using sprays. I'm 100% sure we've had a large number of files for this issue before. There are still some players who still use the objectors to post their images that are in contravention of our skial server rules. Even if you make your own "bot", thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: Bravefart