Reporter

Administrator
I thought I was just awful at the game...till I realized what the problem was.

I never touch causal, haven't touched it since 2020. The only time I play causal is during the holiday events, and that's it. I mainly play on skial servers but after finding out how people can bypass their anticheat made me quit joining the severs all together. I never played on uncletopia servers much, mainly because of the class limit. So I never really wanted to join, and play.

Whenever I am on these skial servers it feels like I am getting my ass handed to me by faze clan members. Getting headshotted from half across the map. To getting rocket slammed while speeding through the air. Now I know there are legitimate players, so I am not saying everyone who play on skial servers are cheaters.

I joined a uncletopia server and did...surprisingly well. Like better than I normally do. So I thought to myself "ok, ok, this will be a small streak of wins then its back to the bottom of the leader board." Then I kept top scoring, and top scoring every other match.

Something didn't feel right... i am dog water at this game! How can I be on the top 3 every other game when normally my ass is planted on the b9ttom of the scoreboard with a negative KD. Could these be newer players? Casual ones maybe?

So I spoke with a buddy of mine about this, how skial players are more advanced than uncletopia players. He just laughed, and told me that skial servers have a bad anticheat. Something called SMAC they use. Cheaters have gotten around to bypass the cheat, and play on the servers without having to fear of getting kicked.

It all made sense now! I'm not a bad player at all!!!....well kinda.

TLDR: I mainly play on skial servers which host a awful anti cheat that let's other players cheat, while on uncletopia it's not the same. I always thought I was bad at the game until now.

Author: HonestIvory

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/188x8sp/i_thought_i_was_just_awful_at_the_gametill_i/