Harrymanhunter

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have a simple problem. Headsets do not work. I can neither hear anything from the headphone nor use a microphone. When I tried to use a bluetooth headset it didn't work, either. I'm guessing this is some problem with a driver, it'd be great if you could help.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Did you go into "sound" under control panel to check in there that it is the primary sound items? I need to do that so my webcam doesn't use that mic and the monitor doesn't use those speakers.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Go to your Device Manager, expand "Sound, video, and game controllers" sub-module and post a screenshot here so we could start from there.

20120710114553.jpg

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Just butting into this thread to say, the bluetooth headset was his last resort. He'd be happy to get a normal headset working, too.

Also, it's a Nokia BH-105, like you'll remember from the thread I posted. I did my best to install the drivers and it seemed to work.

(Guy's my irl best friend, btw)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just butting into this thread to say, the bluetooth headset was his last resort. He'd be happy to get a normal headset working, too.

Also, it's a Nokia BH-105, like you'll remember from the thread I posted. I did my best to install the drivers and it seemed to work.

(Guy's my irl best friend, btw)
In this case it looks like he will have to manually switch his Audio output since OS seems to fail to do that automatically for him (it actually started happening to me once I installed Logitech bluetooth headset - now if I want it work I have to manually set it up as my audio output device):

20120710122455rmr.jpg

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
*sigh* did a TeamViewer session with him and he had an error, he should be posting it in his next post. I'm going to have to go to sleep now. Sorry Harry, and GL.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Your screenshot clearly shows you have two default devices: one is your headset (default device), another one is your bluetooth (default communication device). I believe that's where OS gets confused.
  1. Select your Bluetooth device;
  2. Click on drop-down button next to "Set Default" and select "Default Device"
  3. Then select your Headset;
  4. Again, click on drop-down button next to "Set Default" and select "Default Device"
At this point your headset should work. If you want your Bluetooth to become default sound output device, then repeat steps 1-2.
Try this article as well: http://www.consumingexperience.com/2009/04/failed-to-play-test-tone-no-sound-on.html

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Your screenshot clearly shows you have two default devices: one is your headset (default device), another one is your bluetooth (default communication device). I believe that's where OS gets confused.
  1. Select your Bluetooth device;
  2. Click on drop-down button next to "Set Default" and select "Default Device"
  3. Then select your Headset;
  4. Again, click on drop-down button next to "Set Default" and select "Default Device"
At this point your headset should work. If you want your Bluetooth to become default sound output device, then repeat steps 1-2.
Try this article as well: http://www.consumingexperience.com/2009/04/failed-to-play-test-tone-no-sound-on.html

That is what i meant earlier as to setting default..but you did it much better LOL