Flush

Unremarkable User
Hi there,

I'm posting here today because I'm fed up with "Hitler" nicknames.
It's a stupid provocation against humanity.

Ok, they're probably kids who only knew the comfort of our societies living in peace from ages.
But I think it's not acceptable to joke about that.
Some players said "hey it's freedom ! We are free to joke about Hitler and holocaust"
Wow so cool :s
I think there is some racism behind that "joke" and an absolute lack of History's knowledge.

Could you block this nickname by default on your servers ?

The last one :
[NASI]Hitler[NASI] - : 116128671
Server 151.80.218.93:27016 Map cp_orange_x_7

Thank you for reading.

Flush.

Flush

Unremarkable User
Maddo said :

2 its a nickname in a game, not a new radical movement. => ok good for ambiance then
3 dunno what society you live in but war is being fought all over the planet => nice keep going wars (even if it's not all over the planet but only where USA pass)
4 fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself ~ J.K. Rowling. => Fear ? lol

Nazis are in Ukraine and love Hitler (svoboda), I don't know where you live, maybe on the moon, but Hitler and Nazis are still there, and it's not really funny to play with.

Finally I don't know why this forum if the worst is "normal"

Adios.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I believe the swastika is banned for legal reasons. The word "Hitler," despite historical connotations, does not automatically invoke racist sentiments.

If we banned for the word "Hitler," we would have to ban for every single name that is offensive and relates negatively to history.

Last edited:

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
2 its a nickname in a game, not a new radical movement. => ok good for ambiance then

I've seen worse names, plus it's a mature game- people shouldn't be playing if they can't take a joke.
Do you believe that we should also ban every other name with the same connections: Stalin, Zedong, Mussolini, Hussein?

3 dunno what society you live in but war is being fought all over the planet => nice keep going wars (even if it's not all over the planet but only where USA pass)

Someone naming themselves "Hitler" in a game is not keeping wars going.

4 fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself ~ J.K. Rowling. => Fear ? lol

You appear to be pretty scared of the name, if you're wanting it to be banned from being used on the server.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm almost positive this will be rejected instantly but in case it's not; -1.
Like I said, Hitler nicknames are dumb memes but they're jokes and not to be taken seriously. There's no reason to ban a joke.

Aphriza

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
People donning the name Hitler on Steam isn't provoking anyone, its a silly joke that shouldn't be taken seriously. If Hitler was banned they'd also have to ban anything that carries negative connotations, which would be stupid. Why are you complaining about these guys as well?

If you can't take it, perhaps you should be playing softer games.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
but Hitler and Nazis are still there
How old is Hitler now?
3. Wars are raging all over the place, dunno what planet you live on (lol Ukraine) but to blame USA for all the wars is a tad racist don't you think?
2 & 4. yes fear.. you are obviously the one that has concerns about a new empire rising up from a video game because someone strings a few letter together to form a name of a past tyrant, funny, do you want to block the names Genghis, Vlad, Stalin, Pol, Idi? Or just the names that suit your agenda.

Basically what Luke said.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
regarding the subject of Hitler and jokes, imma leave this here:

20090828.gif

20090828after.gif

if for some stupid reason we block every name containing 'Hitler', I move that we also block every name containing 'trade.tf'

White Moose

Positively Inhumane Poster
We should never stifle history if we do we are doomed to repeat it.
stifling history is what SJW's are tring to do. "safe places"
news flash the world isnt safe but we can only do so much

Reactions: Toxik

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I believe the swastika is banned for legal reasons. The word "Hitler," despite historical connotations, does not automatically invoke racist sentiments.

If we banned for the word "Hitler," we would have to ban for every single name that is offensive and relates negatively to history.
All the trump bans...

I don't want to vote on the poll because I don't agree with the first part but idc about the second. - 1 as a whole from me, RM practically summed it up.

EDIT: jwso beat me to the joke #ninja'd