Red Face Monkey

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
Can we have one on Euro?
I mean, I am glad that we have people visit our server from all over, but it makes gameplay very hard. I donate for the servers and I think we deserve a ping limit kick like other realms......

Suggestions?

Bottiger

Administrator
Someone having a high ping doesn't lag everyone else. It is a common misconception.

I've also turned down lag compensation from 5 to 3 awhile ago so there have been no complaints about being killed behind a wall.

I would like to put something that limits ping to 300 and below, but we need to refrain from adding more plugins because SMAC pushing our CPU usage to the limit.

Red Face Monkey

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
On our EU 2015 server are at times several players with pings above 300 (my personal favorite was 950+). I am not sure if that would take down our ping? I mean mine is at a no lag zone and I can barely make out where I am going because of rubberbanding. Also, others complaint too

Bottiger

Administrator
Someone else lagging does not make everyone else lag. It was probably something else. I have made tweaks to SMAC to use less CPU and hopefully that will solve your problems.

Bottiger

Administrator
Also there are drive-by DOS attack attempts, like the one that happened on this server a couple minutes ago.