Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So today my laptop's keyboard and mouse (going to be replaced soon) took an almighty shit. If my laptop didn't already have more problems than it was worth I would have spent the money to replace the keyboard. I suck at choosing computers, but thankfully now I have a better budget.

My budget is around 900 bucks. I'm not looking for some special snowflake laptop but I have been trying to find one that will last and can play games like skyrim and such without too many problems.

And no I cannot get a desktop. I just want help so I don't end up with another piece of shit like the one I have right now. I'm not very picky on operating systems aside from wanting to stick with windows. Please and thank you and sorry if my wording is weird I am on my iPod.

Deer Force

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
if you just want to be able to play video games at a nice frame, then just get something from best buy and turn the settings a bit lower
if you want eye candy, then I dunno

why can't you get a desktop?

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
if you just want to be able to play video games at a nice frame, then just get something from best buy and turn the settings a bit lower
if you want eye candy, then I dunno

why can't you get a desktop?
I bought this piece of shit from best buy. I really don't want to shop at a store I have had nothing but bad experiences from.

I have to get a laptop instead of a desktop because of my housing situation. Also I love the portability.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
I bought this piece of shit from best buy. I really don't want to shop at a store I have had nothing but bad experiences from.

I have to get a laptop instead of a desktop because of my housing situation. Also I love the portability.

Put in a new graphics card.

If you're serious about laptops though, check out Asus's ROG laptops.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Put in a new graphics card.

If you're serious about laptops though, check out Asus's ROG laptops.
A-graphis-ard-will-not-help-with-a-hardware-problenn-like-the-keyboard-and-fan-and-the-shittiness-of-this-laptop
it-is-not-worth-the-$$$-to-repla(e-anything-on-this-laptop-as-it-will-just-break-down-again
hp-should-had-re(alled-these-and-they-didn't-and-the-warranty-had-ended-when-things-went-to-shit
your-link-does-not-work

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
A-graphis-ard-will-not-help-with-a-hardware-problenn-like-the-keyboard-and-fan-and-the-shittiness-of-this-laptop
it-is-not-worth-the-$$$-to-repla(e-anything-on-this-laptop-as-it-will-just-break-down-again
hp-should-had-re(alled-these-and-they-didn't-and-the-warranty-had-ended-when-things-went-to-shit
your-link-does-not-work
www.cdw.com/shop/products/ASUS-ROG-G750JW-DB71-17.3in-Core-i7-4700HQ-Windows-8-64-bit-12-GB-RA/3064929.aspx?cm_cat=GoogleBase&cm_ite=3064929&cm_pla=NA-NA-ASU_NB&cm_ven=ShoppingFeeds&ef_id=UzMrGQAAAKvUYzDk:20140326193137:s&gclid=CN7MnaP4sL0CFZRr7AodRC4A-Q

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Okay so my laptop decided to behave and revived the keyboard. This is what I am currently looking at, but there are no reviews or a product model available online so I have no idea what Asus it is. I know a bit about computers, but I'm no genius about it.

I can't afford anything above $1,000 and $900 is really pushing it for me. I prefer a laptop over a desktop because I plan on returning to school soon and I would rather sacrifice power for portability. I understand that laptops don't last as long as desktops, but I am looking around for different options and seeing the best I can afford.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
your-link-does-not-work

Oh okay, no reason to have a 'tude yo.

Just look up Asus ROG, it's Asus (high quality) and ROG = Republic of Gamers.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Okay so my laptop decided to behave and revived the keyboard. This is what I am currently looking at, but there are no reviews or a product model available online so I have no idea what Asus it is. I know a bit about computers, but I'm no genius about it.

I can't afford anything above $1,000 and $900 is really pushing it for me. I prefer a laptop over a desktop because I plan on returning to school soon and I would rather sacrifice power for portability. I understand that laptops don't last as long as desktops, but I am looking around for different options and seeing the best I can afford.
Laptops + gaming = nightmare. You WILL get heating problems, no matter how much you spend. I can speak from experience because I dropped an unspeakable amount (about the same as your budget) on a custom gaming laptop and a year later, the damn thing can't even run any game let alone TF2 anymore. The kicker was the heating problems = easy risk of crashes. I'm going to suggest earnestly that you cut your losses and split the budget between a netbook for study, and the rest on parts for building a PC. You Americans have Newegg, we Europeans have shitty overpriced independent sellers. Utilise the egg, for mine and every other europoor's sake.
Also, does everyone use laptops for work? What the hell happened to pen and paper?

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Laptops + gaming = nightmare. You WILL get heating problems, no matter how much you spend. I can speak from experience because I dropped an unspeakable amount (about the same as your budget) on a custom gaming laptop and a year later, the damn thing can't even run any game let alone TF2 anymore. The kicker was the heating problems = easy risk of crashes. I'm going to suggest earnestly that you cut your losses and split the budget between a netbook for study, and the rest on parts for building a PC. You Americans have Newegg, we Europeans have shitty overpriced independent sellers. Utilise the egg, for mine and every other europoor's sake.
Also, does everyone use laptops for work? What the hell happened to pen and paper?
The last office I worked in, the boss wouldn't accept any memo. If you had something to say to him it had to be through email or text.

al pal

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I bought a MSI GT70 ($1700 laptop in September) and it's pretty sweet. The fans are beasts; there's still heat, duh, but it's not an issue at all. Has a Steel Series keyboard!

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I ended up going with a Lenovo IdeaPad because it was exactly what I needed and under $1000. What Psycho recommended looked amazing and I was really tempted to go with that, but it had no CD driver and that killed it for me. So hopefully this one will suit me well.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
So today my laptop's keyboard and mouse (going to be replaced soon) took an almighty shit. If my laptop didn't already have more problems than it was worth I would have spent the money to replace the keyboard. I suck at choosing computers, but thankfully now I have a better budget.

My budget is around 900 bucks. I'm not looking for some special snowflake laptop but I have been trying to find one that will last and can play games like skyrim and such without too many problems.

And no I cannot get a desktop. I just want help so I don't end up with another piece of shit like the one I have right now. I'm not very picky on operating systems aside from wanting to stick with windows. Please and thank you and sorry if my wording is weird I am on my iPod.
I reccomend building your own, you'll know whats in it and it will overall be less expensive. I could help you with that if you want to go that right.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
I ended up going with a Lenovo IdeaPad because it was exactly what I needed and under $1000. What Psycho recommended looked amazing and I was really tempted to go with that, but it had no CD driver and that killed it for me. So hopefully this one will suit me well.
Nvm didn't see this.