jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
10807250_10152836424714089_1833070945_o.jpg

epix37's deck tracker is pretty handy (doesn't violate the TOS since you can do the same things with a pen and paper)

https://github.com/Epix37/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker

also getting to rank 4 isn't really an achievement but it was good enough a spot to take a screenie

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
10807179_10152842130064089_777052613_o.jpg
10807733_10152842130379089_881323180_o.jpg
got a 8-3 arena (with a pretty horrible deck) and got 200 gold so i opened 3 packs

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hacker.
But seriously, I once saw a friend of mine open a pack with a legendary, two epics, and a golden rare, so great packs like these aren't impossible.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I got a pack yesterday that had Tirion Fordring and one today had Hogger and Farsight.
Edit2: Mediafire is refusing to work with me so photos aren't going to happen. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meowrisa

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
desperate bump in case there are some new players

:doge:

only 115-ish ranked wins for golden warrior hooray
I still play, had rank 10 last season. I'v been playing oil rogue and control priest mostly, might try out dragon paladin.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I still play, and I'm still not that good. Haven't gotten many TGT cards yet as I didn't pay for packs.

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just out of wondering, I never played HS but kinda wanted to get into it. But I heard that its basically a pay to win game because you can buy better cards. Not sure if thats true but just asking.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You get cards though packs, and you can either get packs with gold from quests which you can do free but takes forever, or you can just buy the packs with real money. I have a lot of cards and am fairly good at the game and the only thing I bought was Blackrock Mountain, an expansion that adds cards but can also be bought with gold.

Bottiger

Administrator
It is pay2win. Everyone plays the good cheap decks and they are countered by expensive decks. Some of the legendary cards will win the game for you single-handedly.

Ranking up in ladder is highly dependent on how flexible you are in countering the meta and you need cards to do that.

You can play arena where everyone gets random cards, but it costs 150 gold per entry and you need to be twice as good as the average player just to break even. Since drafting is random you can get stuck with a bad deck many times in a row. And this is on top of already drawing cards from your deck randomly. It will also take you many months of grinding to get cards, there is a daily gold cap.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is pay2win. Everyone plays the good cheap decks and they are countered by expensive decks. Some of the legendary cards will win the game for you single-handedly.

Ranking up in ladder is highly dependent on how flexible you are in countering the meta and you need cards to do that.

You can play arena where everyone gets random cards, but it costs 150 gold per entry and you need to be twice as good as the average player just to break even. Since drafting is random you can get stuck with a bad deck many times in a row. And this is on top of already drawing cards from your deck randomly. It will also take you many months of grinding to get cards, there is a daily gold cap.
Then I guess it's a good thing I stopped my download half-way through last week.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you can always start playing casually by making silly decks or learning the arena

there are plenty of cheap decks that are effective and people go to legend with them (grim patron, face decks, zoo and oil rogue to some extent)

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
- you actually need 7 wins to break even afaik

- grim patron is still very much a thing, none of the new decks changed anything (except chillmaw and not everybody plays that in dragon decks)

- yes getting to legend takes a lot of time, i could probably do it but i don't feel like grinding (highest i've been is rank 2 but i climb to rank 5 every season without struggle)

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm nearly completely F2P and I have Oil Rogue with everything except Thalnos.
Jwso are you kidding? Have you played any of these secrets Paladins or totem shamans going around?